Moe.'s Wah?

Moe.'s Wah?

Postby China Cat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:32 am

Looking for a nice wah. Does anyone know what moe. uses? Or Trey?
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby strumminsix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:46 am

The 535Q is a great wah.

However, I'm holding out for the Voodoo labs WAhzoo.
strumminsix

Re: Moe.'s Wah?

Postby waldo041 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:25 am

China Cat wrote:Looking for a nice wah. Does anyone know what moe. uses? Or Trey?

trey uses a dunlop gcb 95. may be modded it may not.
his tubescreamer's definately are.

http://www.treyanastasio.com/treysrig/

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby China Cat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:47 pm

thanks waldo that's a sweet page. does anyone have the info for moe.'s wah(s)
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:11 am

I have had pretty much every wah out there, the Crybaby, the VOX, the Teese Real McCoy, and now the Fulltone Clyde. I was always partial to the tone of the VOX but I seemed to have broken both of them. I ponied up for the pricey Fulltone last year and absolutely love it as much or more than the VOX.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby waldo041 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:32 am

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:I have had pretty much every wah out there, the Crybaby, the VOX, the Teese Real McCoy, and now the Fulltone Clyde. I was always partial to the tone of the VOX but I seemed to have broken both of them. I ponied up for the pricey Fulltone last year and absolutely love it as much or more than the VOX.

the problem with your mass produced wah is that the tolerances can be way off, and make for a crapshoot on getting the proper values for the inductor, q resistor and transistor's. also the caps material plays a part. while a boutique may hit the mojo wah sound better because they are handmade and components are handpicked verses a machine. a good wah can still be obtained if a little research is made. if you have any wah now it can be modified to YOUR pleasing. the majority of wahs are the same circuit, just a different value here or a different transistor there.

here is a site to help you get started.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledi ... z/wah.html

if you know anybody that can DESOLDER, i would have them do any of this work as the pads on the dunlop wahs are very brittle and lift very easily.but with patience and good research you should have no problems making your own custom wah.

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Return to other funky instruments