PA System ????

PA System ????

Postby Banjomike0319 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey all,

Well after 6 months of saving's my band has come up with just about $1000 bucks. And we need a PA system for some upcoming gigs that dont have a house system for us to use.

So I wanted to get some input from all of you Kind folks here. Any suggestions on what we should get??

I know we need to have phantom power becuase for now I think where just going to use a condensor mic for solos and what not, and have like 4 or 5 vocal mics.

So Let me know if you know of any that you would suggest. Again where a 5 piece Bluegrass band.

Mandolin
Banjo
Guitar
Stand up Bass
Fiddle
Hey, how do you think jerry would feel about the world today???
Banjomike0319
Mickey
Mickey

Postby shakedown_04092 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:35 pm

I've always owned Peavey's and have been very happy w/ them. I would NOT go get a Behringer, heard not so good things about them. Here's my current Peavey, which I paid about $800 for a few years back:

Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby deadguise » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:36 pm

A $1000 bucks should get you a decent PA. Maybe you should get a couple of condenser overhead mics since it's a bluegrass band. Look for mixers with built in phantom power for the condensers. I haven't had any problems with my Behringer mixer (cheap). Check out the package deals they sell from Music 123: http://www.music123.com/Great-Deals-On-Complete-PA-Systems----Save-Up-To--1049--g193t1.music123 and ZZounds: http://www.zzounds.com/cat--Live-Sound-PA--2713
and then there's always Musicians Fiend (Guitar Center Owned)...
deadguise

Return to Bluegrass Instruments