Anyone a fan of Godin A6?

Anyone a fan of Godin A6?

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:43 am

Gonna pick one up and see if she speaks to me. Maybe so, maybe not. Figure she'd be a nice utility guitar as I always need a back-up and want an acoustic here and there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QCXSDW/
strumminsix

Re: Anyone a fan of Godin A6?

Postby jackr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:58 am

My brother has one. He picked it up ridiculously cheap on craigslist. Anyway, I liked it very much when I checked it out. I dont have a lot of time on it.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 am

jackr wrote:My brother has one. He picked it up ridiculously cheap on craigslist. Anyway, I liked it very much when I checked it out. I dont have a lot of time on it.

Thanks! Mine will be here tomorrow. Might take her on my show on Saturday if we bond okay. I know it won't be the same as my AY WY1 but think she'll be a nice addition to the stage rig and back-up guitar taboot!
strumminsix

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 am

Meh, not impressed. Very dark humbucker and the acoustic is very Ovation-like.

It's going back unless the recording shows me something different than what I heard.
strumminsix

Postby jackr » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 am

Maybe that is why my brother got it ridiculously cheap on Craigslist.
Last edited by jackr on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 am

jackr wrote:Maybe that is why my brother got it ridiculously cheap on ebay.

Honestly, if I wasn't so picky I'd be very happy with her. But I am so away she goes.
strumminsix

Postby rockdreams27 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes, I have been playing them for 2 years now. I have 2 godin A-6 Ultras..(black, and cognac burst). It really depends on what you are looking for in your live show...Im 44 and have played over 1500 shows in my career, and was just so sick of loading and unloading a huge PA and two bulky hard shell cases for my traditional size dreadnought guitars..So I was looking to achieve the same rich tones, with a much smaller rig and guitars.. After much research, I found that the A-6's fit my acoustic gig requirements the best. The A-6 blows away all dreadnoughts for convenience and stage sound control..With the eq on the guitar, and NO feedback whatsoever...Also they are very thin, so they are much more comfortable to play. The neck is very similar to a strat , so there is no hand strain..Even after a 5 hour gig...60-70 songs. One of the best features on the A-6 ultra, is the 2 inputs..so I run one to my PA, and one to a small acoustic amp..This feature easily makes up for any tone loss I am experiencing compared to an expensive dreadnought traditional guitar...The secret to using this guitar and getting an amazing live tone is the rig that you use with it...Other musicians that see my show can't believe my tone. Even guys that are using Martins and Taylors...I use the New Fishman SA220, 2 A-6's, a Fishman Loudbox Mini, a T.C. Helicon Harmony GXT, and two Line 6 DL4's (one as a looper)..this setup is incredible...The tone is absolutely the best live tone that I have ever had..It's a lot of bang for the buck.
Another thing I discovered is I now run an XLR from the Monitor out back into the Fishman Loudbox Mini's second channel (XLR) which takes the whole mix from the PA, and runs it through the small amp also, which I set on the other side of the stage...and gives a thickenning effect to the whole mix...Im in love! Best of all the whole entire rig and guitars fits in the back of my 2 seater sports car and takes me 15 minutes to set up and tear down..I highly recomend the Godin A-6 Ultra...on every level... I hope this helps you guys..
rockdreams27
welcome
welcome

Return to Guitar