What kind of gear does everyone have?

Postby strumminsix » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:04 am

Sweet rig! Here is a test to see if it can be linked:

If it works, here is what I did:
#1 put jpg link in between the open and close img's
#2 unclicked Disable HTML (look below)
#3 unclicked Disable BBCode (look below)
strumminsix

Postby caspersvapors » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:28 pm

wow that is quite a collection, how does that wolf copy sound?
caspersvapors

Postby alcorelectric » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:56 pm

caspersvapors,
Iuse the wolf copy 95% of the time the tone is fantastic. Each PU has its own switch. The switches are Hum/off/single. This allows me to replicate a strat or les paul sound. It also allows over thirty different additional configurations. By using toggles it is alot easier to remember which config gives what type of sound. With push/pull pots it just seems more confusing. I just started on my tiger copy and hope to have it up and running by july
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:06 pm

alcorelectric wrote:The switches are Hum/off/single.... By using toggles it is alot easier to remember which config gives what type of sound.

That seems like a good, highly visual way to do it, although the 5-way + ea p/u having a 2-pos toggles ain't bad either. Are they Super-2's? w/the Jerry loop?

No offense to all the really cool Wolf copies I have seen, but nobody ever seems to go for replicating the original 3-singlecoil w/Stratoblaster Wolf... such a classic, and I still haven't seen that setup, except in a few strats.
tigerstrat

Postby alcorelectric » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:42 pm

although the PU config is 3 hums, coupled with my switching arangement, I can switch all 3 to singles. The 3 position switches that I have allow one to additionally use just the middle PU in single coil or humbucker which I am finding gives a rounded tone I dont recieve with either bridge only or neck only sound. I didnt use super 2s, as this was my first build and if I screwed it up I didnt want a bucket load of expensive parts staring me in the face. I did match the impedence rating of the super 2s. Also, if I need to swap pickups It would be a quick fix. I also did not put the effects loop in, as I am only now starting to aquire variuos effects. I will mention that I used 250k pots for all volume and tone controls, as I like the range better than 500ks
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Upgrade To The Tribute

Postby Laytonco » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Normally I don't advertise for others, but I bought somethign really cool on ebay from Jack of Roases dot com. This guy makes inlays like Jerry had on his guitars but he also makes vinyls. Check this out. [img][img]http://img126.imagevenue.com/loc174/th_90150_Alembic_With_Tiger_Full.JPG[/img][/img]
Laytonco

I Type Good Don't I?

Postby Laytonco » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:29 pm

That shoudl be jackofroses dot com
Laytonco

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:15 pm

(far out I'm editing from weeks back!!)
Here's recent shots of my rig "on duty" at the Goodfoot Lounge, Portland, OR.
Now I've switched the pics to reflect my current rig...
(foreground)gigging amp:1968 Fender Showman Reverb preamp out> Yorkville Beta 800 solidstate power amp(250w>8ohm)> 1x12 JBL E-120 (background) home practice/shop amp: 1983 Fender Super Champ
and my latest version of the pedalboard:
ImageImage
Last edited by tigerstrat on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerstrat

Gear

Postby Jimkkc » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:11 am

Straight Guild JF-55 - the cadillac of acoustic guitars - play straight into the Ellyse (sp?) board that my buddy bought and then out to the PA - I use no effects for two reasons: first, if you have ever played a Guild JF series, you know that there is no need for effects and 2. My buddy has more than enough pedals and nobs and effects (i.e. someone should be playing the one even if he isn't actually playing the one.)
Jimkkc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby BlobWeird » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:25 pm

Hey tigerstrat i tried to post a question earlier i dont think it went through for some reason but im curious as to what you did to get your strat like that? Like where can i find the parts to do it and where can i find info on HOW to do it. I just upgraded my strat from 3 single coil pu's to double humbucker and a single coil sounds really sweet..But i wanna hook it up so i can run it into the effects before it hits the volume. Please help!
BlobWeird

Postby waldo041 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:31 pm

"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Seizure7thChords » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:39 am

My Amp is a Marshall 80 watt combo with a twelve in it,I use the Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal sometimes,I'm really unhappy with this amp,My 30 watt Marshall combo sounds way better but it needs to go to the shop{it makes a crazy loud buzz}

I play the Red Epiphone Les Paul $149.00
I had the Red Epiphone SG but the neck started to come apart from the body after two days so I traded it for this,It was either that or a black SG epiphone.
A few months ago I was playing a Mexican made Strat I picked up at the pawn shop for $79.00, but I FEDEX-ed it out to my kid.

For the money these guitars do the job fine,My favorite Guitar is the 1997 Gibson All-American II
S.G.type with one pick up in the lead postion and 24 frets I also had a 1994 before it.They wear out quick with me and they tell me they do not make these guitars anymore maybe they will again or else I will get the S.G. someday.
and while I'm dreaming how about a nice Martin D-1

I got tired of my black Jackson "V" and sold it.It was nice too.

"All I ask is world peace within three square miles of where I reside" Travis Ray Cole
Seizure7thChords
welcome
welcome

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:28 pm

BlobWeird wrote:Hey tigerstrat i tried to post a question earlier i dont think it went through for some reason but im curious as to what you did to get your strat like that? Like where can i find the parts to do it and where can i find info on HOW to do it. I just upgraded my strat from 3 single coil pu's to double humbucker and a single coil sounds really sweet..But i wanna hook it up so i can run it into the effects before it hits the volume. Please help!

Waldo's post that followed yours is as good of an answer as I could give to any of the above. The dozin page provides a detailed schematic on the wiring.

My strat went thru several phases and was basically an ugly hack job for a long time. My friend felt sorry for me and carved a sweet pickup surround for me out of some ebony scraps he'd been crafting cool little things out of.

What I would add is that EMG also makes a UGB called the JG-2. That's what's in the yellow strat and it's not a listed product that they keep in stock- they make them to order, but you have to go through an authorized EMG dealer. I like that the JG-2 is about half the size of the CB-1, which may have made a difference in for fitting it into the strat's small control cavity (given how I also crammed the loop jack into the same space instead of routing for it.)

Looks like some more posts got ensucted over the weekend, but now editing is possible everywhere... :D
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:12 pm

Here is a decent idea of the overhaul on my Strat.

What you see here are the following:
1. An original Floyd Rose which had been blocked and lifted and extra springs to make it a pseudo hardtail which is replaced with a Hotrod Droptop Convertible bridge by Custom
2. Too many knobs so special wiring and custom pickguard (thanks to Bruce @ aamps)
3. Lace Sensors, bridge to neck: burgandy, gold, blue

The pics are shrunk down a bit so let me know if there is too much loss of detail.

strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:48 am

gotz me'z new bridge!

okay, same setup as the dozin schematic, with carvin twinblade humbuckers and a mighty mite maple neck and ebony fingerboard. all electronics and guitar work done by myself. battery compartment routed in back and the buffer is under the control plate. the control plate is not as tall as the pickguard so it drops the volume knob enough that i don't have a problem hitting it. however the alligator sticker does as you can see. i love the new bridge and i recommend it to anyone who is dead-set on not using there stock trem. thanks for the advice strummin, you rock my man! :cool:

never you mind why me shorts are in the pic! :x

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar