What kind of gear does everyone have?

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:50 am

Guitars:
(main)1987 Fender(Japan) Stratocaster, rosewood, lefthanded, modded with SDuncan JB Jr neck pickup, Dimarzio Super II middle pickup(w/coil tap) and unity-gain buffer driving the onboard effects loop
(backup) 2005 Schecter C-1 Classic, lefthanded, stock

Effects:
Boss OC-2 Octave
Thomas Organ/Dunlop Crybaby, modded for true bypass
Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter (sometimes my vintage Mutron III when its working)
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
vintage Mutron Phasor II, true-bypassed
Ibanez DML-20 Digital Modulation Delay

Amps:
1968 Fender (Dual)Showman Reverb head driving a JBL E-120 loaded 1x12 Mesa cab
1985 Mesa Boogie Mark III 1x12 combo w/EVM-12L
tigerstrat

Postby jahozer » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:05 am

ahhh, another lefty 8)
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:12 pm

I'll let you play my Strat if I can try your 335! Is it the biggest pain in the butt to find a decent lefty guitar or what?
tigerstrat

Postby jahozer » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:02 pm

I'll let you play my Strat if I can try your 335!

DEAL!!!
To be honest, as much as I love my guitar, I wish I never played lefty. I learned how to play upside down, and can do it ok, its never as good and I am forever chained to my lefty.
I love that my guitar is a custom job. Its definately an extension of my self more so than if I played righty. I would not have that conection that I have with this piece of wood. And people remember me as "the dude with the lefty gibson that plays dead stuff" lol. I love the thing and But I would really trade it all in.
When I am living right, ultimately I want a Frankenstein cheap Fender type to mod and put midi pickups in and stuff, but I think my next big purchase will be custom made guitar by a small luthier. I can't justify buying a name lefty, when I can get a custom piece to my specs handmade for about the same money. I am thinking of a scogo. http://www.scogo.com
Last edited by jahozer on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby waldo041 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:56 pm

just wanted to show ya'll my new chrome. i like it and that all that counts. thanks to brian nalls at http://www.jackofroses.com

if tripod won't allow you direct link them. copy and paste the url's

http://themuddsharks.tripod.com/Picture002.jpg

http://themuddsharks.tripod.com/Picture004.jpg

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Guitar

Postby phreaker » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:15 pm

I'm playing a new Dean Baby Z titanuim ice.

fairly out there, i know. But it has a good sound, and looks slick.

makes me look like a metal head though.
phreaker

Postby shakedown_04092 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:43 pm

I'll bite as well. Nice post.

I am playing a Gibson SG Mahogony that I bought at Buckdancer's Choice in Portland, ME. Fell in love with the damn thing and is the closest to "the tone I'm looking for" that I've been able to find so far. From there, it goes: Crybaby Wah/Volume Pedal > Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer (re-issue) > Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner > Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer > Boss DD-6 Digital Delay > Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo > HAZ Mu-Tron III Autowah > Fender Hot Rod Delux Amp.

I also have a Fender Tele (mexican) that I rarely play, as well as a Dean Evo, which has a great sound, but I swear to god the thing must weigh 15 pounds. It's the reason I got the Gibson - my shoulder was killing me after a while!

I think I have too many pedals for my own good.

Here's a question for y'all:

I want to try out all these different pedals to see if I like them, but how does one accomplish this without having to buy the pedal??? I know I can go down to the music store and demo them, but if the music store doesn't have what I'm looking for, how do I get around that? There's gotta be a way to compare & contrast to make sure I'm buying the right pedal....

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

ps

Postby shakedown_04092 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:50 pm

Also have a Peavey XR696F 2 x 600W 8-Channel Powered Mixer, a Mackie 1604-VLZ PRO Mixer, and a Zoom MRS 1240 (I think) Digital Recording Studio, all of which we use for our live sound. All this comes out of 2 Peavey PR-15 2-Way Speaker Cabs.

Anyone know of any good Vocal Processors?
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

shakedown_04092

Postby jahozer » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:13 pm

My board with my fancy new George L cables
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby strumminsix » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:21 pm

New gear (very recent):

Intersound IVP
Ibanez UE-400
Peavey Valverb (tube spring reverb & tremolo)

Since last post: Mesa Lonestar

I'll say this, as much as I love the tone off the IVP & UE (pure Bobby bliss) that Valverb is by far my most favorite purchase I have made in a long time. It goes with everything so well! It sits nicely in the Mesa FX loop, it brings the digital POD XT to life, and it really wrangles in the 90s era Bobby sound using tremolo modulation.
strumminsix

Postby jahozer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:27 am

can you explain your intersound ivp, please?
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby strumminsix » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:12 am

jahozer wrote:can you explain your intersound ivp, please?

Intersound's IVP (instrument voice preamp) was fairly popular preamp in the late 70s and 80s and found to this day in many studios who feel it is a superior analog preamp.

It was used by both Bob Weir and Phil Lesh in the late 70s and into the 80s. This was the rig Bobby used before going to MIDI.

Here are some of the key features:
- true tube emulation
- a pre-tone stack loop (aka pre preamp loop)
- a an fx loop
- A semi-parametric eq
- both balanced and unbalanced outputs
- front inputs and all rear outputs and loops
- works well for: guitar, bass & acoustic

It is exceptional at tone shaping. Having a semi-parametric eq really helps properly boost and cut troubled frequencies. My main guitar (with some amps) sometimes sounds a bit muddy for my tastes. I used to use an EQ to cut around 290 but this does it just fine.

Really, the IVP and UE-400 get that Bobby sound very well. Heck it is exactly what he was using!
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:16 am

here's what i am working with these day's.

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby CaptainTrips » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:55 pm

Fender Standard MiM Telecaster
Walden D550 acoustic guitar
Marshall MG10CD amp
Fender Squire amp
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal
Digitech RP100A Effects processor
CaptainTrips

Postby alcorelectric » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:13 pm

Ibanez roadstar II, Ibanez as100, heritage cm150, 84 strat, 94 tele, 81 guild??? 64, gretsch, 64 gibson330, peavey destiny, yamaha sj 180, martin d28, and homebuilt wolf copy, Fender super amp, peavey clasic 50,
I am in the process of builing a tiger copy.
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar