New Wah Pedal and Amp ?

New Wah Pedal and Amp ?

Postby feelikeastranger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Ive been looking into some new gear , first ill bring up the wah wahs, ive been looking into Budda's Budwah and Geoffrey Teese's Company- Real Mccoy -model RMC 3 or RMC 8 (the Eqwahlyzer). Im sure if i had them in front of me it would be alot easier, plus theres a big difference in price, and thats a big factor, the Budwah goes for about $170 and the RMC3 is about $255 and the RMC8 is $270. Now the amps ive been looking into , for the past 5 years ive been wanting to get a Orange amp, always been a little bit to pricey for me but then they came out with the Tiny Terror and then the Dual Terror, both in my price range at the moment, i played both when they came out, not since but they sound great and are loud for there size the only thing i dont like is Oranges reverb , a little is ok but once you get to ten or eleven im not a fan. And the other amp is a Budda amp , same deal with them on price , couldnt afford one and still cant but ill save if i have to , but they also came out with a similar head like the Tiny Terror , its called the Baby Budda , there amps sound great and very tone sensitive , depends on how hard or light you strum you can make it sound like a diff amp or setting, but you cant go wrong with saving up for a Superdrive. Was wondering if anyone had any of these amps or pedals or knows anything about them and can help me out, if i get the Orange id rather the Dual but i think i can still get a good deal on the Tiny Terror plus its alot cheaper, But if i get the Budda i think im gonna save for the Superdrive or Superdrive V series since the Baby Budda is almost the same price. Any Ideas ?
feelikeastranger
bruce
bruce

Re: New Wah Pedal and Amp ?

Postby feelikeastranger » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 am

Whoa i know i rambled on, (hah), but knowone has anything to say about about Orange amps , Budda amps or Budwah , or the Real Mccoy wahs made by Teese. It sucks cause theres no good music stores in my area, theres some but they always have the same stuff , and keep getting worse.So i have to leave it up to youtube and reviews but its not always the best. But like i said before if anyone has any feedback on this stuff or any different wahs you like let me know. thanks
feelikeastranger
bruce
bruce

Postby strumminsix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

I had a Budwah for a while. It was a decent wah but I just don't enjoy wah'ing while playing.
strumminsix

Postby feelikeastranger » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Ya i hear ya but on some songs i love to pull it out , was the case and parts strong ? the last wah i had after awhile parts started getting loose and what not. Have you heard the RMC's ? was wondering what you liked more.
feelikeastranger
bruce
bruce

Postby strumminsix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:28 pm

feelikeastranger wrote:Ya i hear ya but on some songs i love to pull it out , was the case and parts strong ? the last wah i had after awhile parts started getting loose and what not. Have you heard the RMC's ? was wondering what you liked more.

heard of rmc but never used one. the budwah seemed well constructed. had it less than a year and used it maybe 40 times.
strumminsix

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:41 pm

I am pretty sure budda amps is a part of Peavey or bought out by them. their home office/factory is next door to the Peavey world headquarters here in Meridian Mississippi. But that is not a slam on the products. The products I've tried are great. Peavey itself is also a well known, affordable road worthy brand. Maybe not the highest quality sound, but well made none the less. I liked the budda Wha a lot. The "RMC" is a great wha too. Lots of great reviews. I went for a 535q dunlop since it can be changed tonally in so many different ways, it can pull off a lot of wha tones, plus it was $120 cheaper. it can be modded easily to upgrade the components too, but playing live and loud, it sounds just fine for my once in a blue moon wha solo during playin/dark star. The resale on both is good so you won't get stuck too bad. I don't think you could go wrong with either if wha tone is important to you.

As for amps, the budda amps OD nice, and the clean is OK. I am spoiled with the gear I have so nothing I try ever comes close to the tone I chase. Don't know anything about the lunch box amp. What sound/tone are you going for? if you are searching for your own sound, you'll just have to try them i guess.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby paulinnc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 am

I would go with a RMC 3 for the wah, it is fully adjustable to get whatever wah sound you are looking for. I had the chance to try one out in a guitar shop and it is built very strong and it was hands down the smoothest and nicest sounding wah I have tried.
paulinnc

Postby strummingturtle » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 am

I have had the budwah for a couple of years. It is definitely a well built unit. Its range is more subtle then other wahs, it does not get super throaty when wide open. That is actually one of the things i like about it. It will not jump out to far in the mix when opened up it is very controllable.
Cheeers
strummingturtle
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby feelikeastranger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey Johnny , ya Buddas only been out for a few years and i guess they needed help with keeping up with there orders so Peavey bought them , im not a fan of Peavey when i heard this it made me a little worried about it, but Buddas still doing what they always done and i guess Peaveys just backin them up.
feelikeastranger
bruce
bruce

Postby feelikeastranger » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks guys , but ya i guess im going for my own sound , when it comes time, i guess im gonna have to drive the 5 hours to try out the gear i want. Has anyone tried the MXR MC404 Custom Electronics Audio Crybaby Dual Inductor ? thats the other one i was looking at a few weeks ago then decided on either the Budda or the Rmc but ive been hearing good things.
feelikeastranger
bruce
bruce

Postby eric » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Joe Bonnamassa came out with a signature wah this year , supposed to be kinda lofi ( by design) , relatively inexpensive, just figured I'd throw that out there...
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby paulinnc » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 pm

I bought one of these drop in kits and put in my old Dunlop enclosure. It has adjustable trimpots inside which is pretty cool for making it sound how you want it, similar to a RMC. you get the satisfaction of building it yourself plus it is pretty easy and the directions are very clear.
paulinnc

Postby gpilcher2001 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Fulltone make the best wah ive ever tried. Three voicings, hand made inductors, and a buffer for use with fuzz pedals. Buffer is only on when pedal is on plus true bypass. Pretty sweet wah!
good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.....
gpilcher2001
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Guitar