Vantage VS-5 Acoustic???

Vantage VS-5 Acoustic???

Postby Pete B. » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:29 pm

So I'm walking by a Goodwill store downtown, and do a double-take when I see the name "Vantage" on an acoustic in the window.
It looks to be in very-good condition. Tagged at $100.
It only has 4 way worn-out corroded strings, and, I can't belive I'm admitting this, but I didn't have a single guitar pick on me (how embaaaaarasing :roll: ).
Anyway... I found half of a multi-color Fender Medium in the case, and, damn... it sounded good to me.
All I could find online was this pic that looks alot similar.
'Cardboard case suggests a low end model (they had the case, with a Mel Bay workbook in it).
Label inside says Vantage VS-5. Made in Korea.
Just curious if anyone has any stats or user info on a Vantage VS-5?
I know some of the gang play/own Vantage electrics.
'Looks totally like this one.
Black fingerboard with little to no wear on fingerboard or frets (the fingerboard on the one in this pic looks well played).
For some reason i like that logo?...
Pete B.

Re: Vantage VS-5 Acoustic???

Postby Dwarf Rat » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 pm

It's a great campfire or beach guitar. Enjoy it.
Dwarf Rat
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Peperotta » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 am

Looks beautiful :wink:
Last edited by Peperotta on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peperotta
welcome
welcome

Postby easytoslip » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 pm

in the land of Horse Rescue, girls have a reaction to a horse and upgrade it. These are women who keep maybe three or four horses at a time, either on their land or board at someone else's barn. They see what the horse needs to get into top condition, they do it and learn about the horse, put an ad up and resell.

One of the most tedious things for me when I started playing guitar was changing strings. I've dropped off a gently used guitar at a goodwill once, have left one randomly for someone to find in Savannah, and I'm a big believer in practicing random acts of kindness. I don't keep a lot of guitars though. One acoustic and one electric pretty much since I started playing. Don't hate cuz I know what I like
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby easytoslip » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:13 pm

I think, though, with reselling anything you have to be willing to admit it might not ever sell.
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby easytoslip » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:23 pm

I think, too, that $100 is a set price at the thrift stores for guitars, whether they are worth more or less, as they don't know much about them other than people like them and they sell quickly. Also if you're buying something from Goodwill I believe the money goes to good causes.
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Dwarf Rat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm

True pawn shop story:

My brother was doing his weekly crawl of thrifty emporiums back in the early80s when he saw a chocolate brown Fender case. It had 6995 written on it.he thought he would get a nice old case at a good price. He opened it up and inside was a 1962 Fiesta Red Strat. He grabbed it and went to the front desk.
" Is this $69.95?"

" Yes"

He pulled out the cash and ran. He wouldn't sell it to me and turned it for a mere thousand a few weeks later. Damn thing is worth about 20k now.
Dwarf Rat
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby sakuragi2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 pm

wow! nice acoustic guitar! :cool: can i play buddy?

welcome

Postby easytoslip » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:39 am

Dwarf Rat wrote:True pawn shop story:

My brother was doing his weekly crawl of thrifty emporiums back in the early80s when he saw a chocolate brown Fender case. It had 6995 written on it.he thought he would get a nice old case at a good price. He opened it up and inside was a 1962 Fiesta Red Strat. He grabbed it and went to the front desk.
" Is this $69.95?"

" Yes"

He pulled out the cash and ran. He wouldn't sell it to me and turned it for a mere thousand a few weeks later. Damn thing is worth about 20k now.

ha, nice
easytoslip
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Guitar