Pretty funny

Pretty funny

Postby ebick » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Bill posted one of these things on FaceBook about Tea Partiers and I didn't think it was that good.....so when I saw this start I was a bit luke warm, but this is pretty funny, if you stop and appreciate how the over-the-top dead head is viewed....

Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Re: Pretty funny

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 pm

That one's pretty good; it was apparently done "in tribute" to these three hysterical xtranormal clips that went around in the last couple of months: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7217017/
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby dleonard » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 pm

haha the cosmic charlie line got me
dleonard
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby erock » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:43 am

I about lost it when he said I bet Phil's bass would sound intense in that situation
erock
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby tcsned » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 am

hahahaha! That was funny.
"I will make you a CD with several China-Riders"

Dunno if anyone's heard of him or not but the Rev. Billy C. Wirtz does a hilarious tune, "Mama was a Deadhead" that's worth a listen - "mama, I made a Dark Star." He's a ridiculously good piano player, he can do Floyd Cramer better than anyone but Floyd himself. Does a lot of other funny tunes too. Takes a really good musician to pull off comedy music.
tcsned

Postby jackr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm

that was hilarious
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby amyjared » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Dunno if anyone's heard of him or not but the Rev. Billy C. Wirtz does a hilarious tune, "Mama was a Deadhead" that's worth a listen - "mama, I made a Dark Star." He's a ridiculously good piano player, he can do Floyd Cramer better than anyone but Floyd himself. Does a lot of other funny tunes too. Takes a really good musician to pull off comedy music

I saw this and cracked up!! The best part for me was that the guy sounded just like my friend Paul!!

I used to see Rev Billy play a lot when I lived in Chapel Hill. Don't know if he was living around there or what, but he was amazing. He even took a shot at being an MTV DJ or something! He can play and make you piss in your pants at the same time. Glad to see someone else has heard of him. Haven't seen him in years, though. Is he still playing?
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby tcsned » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:10 am

amyjared wrote:
I saw this and cracked up!! The best part for me was that the guy sounded just like my friend Paul!!

I used to see Rev Billy play a lot when I lived in Chapel Hill. Don't know if he was living around there or what, but he was amazing. He even took a shot at being an MTV DJ or something! He can play and make you piss in your pants at the same time. Glad to see someone else has heard of him. Haven't seen him in years, though. Is he still playing?

Yep, he's still out there. No longer dresses like a 6'4" nurse with a red pompadour hair do. The guy who plays bass in my Dead band was Rev. Billy's bassist for several years back in the 80s - Billy gave Steve his nickname, "Slash." Billy is a classic - "Honky-Tonk Hermaphrodite," "Junior's Frozen Embryo World," his MTV video, "Teeny-Weeny Meanie," and a ton of others. He has some serious chops on the piano too. He is originally from Harrisonburg, VA (where JMU is). He might be living in NC these days.

"Upstairs I'm Tanya Tucker but down below I'm Conway Twitty." :lol: :lol: :lol:
tcsned

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion