tiger
tiger

Re: Garcia Home for Sale

Postby bodiddley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 am

Is Deborah broke again?
bodiddley

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 pm

never give your love my friend, on to a foolish heart.... Check out the gear in the office, I wonder what else is tucked away in there. Does she still live there? I thought they tore the house apart and sold his toilet? What he ever saw in Koons is beyond me. She is so crass and uncouth, I am sure he use to cringe at dinner parties or hang outs with other hippies with her elitist attitude whenever she opened her mouth. I have yet to see a piece of footage where she comes off any other way to me. Maybe she is a sweetheart, but I doubt it.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strumminsix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:29 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:What he ever saw in Koons is beyond me. She is so crass and uncouth, I am sure he use to cringe at dinner parties or hang outs with other hippies with her elitist attitude whenever she opened her mouth. I have yet to see a piece of footage where she comes off any other way to me. Maybe she is a sweetheart, but I doubt it.

How can you be so sure? He loved, cared for, and married her. Unless you are calling him an idiot but I can't see somebody marrying a woman who made him cringe.
strumminsix

Postby phpbb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:44 pm

<insert married joke here>
phpbb

Postby strumminsix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 pm

phpbb wrote:<insert married joke here>

Hey we aren't talking about what happens after folks so "I do"
strumminsix

Postby RiverRat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby ebick » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:46 pm

and master closet the size of a standard bedroom.

Why do I have this picture of this huge closet filled with black T-Shirts......
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby lunasparks » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:01 pm

I remember reading (maybe Blair book?) that's exactly what it was! A big closet with like 5 black t-shirts hanging in it. Hilarious!
lunasparks
Billy
Billy

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:11 am

lunasparks wrote:I remember reading (maybe Blair book?) that's exactly what it was! A big closet with like 5 black t-shirts hanging in it. Hilarious!

I think it's either that or Phil's book. Awesome story! :lol:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby mttourpro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 am

FWIW, per a post on ratdog.org, that's not Jerry's house. Poster said it was a house he bought for one of his daughter's Mom. Nice place no doubt.
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby JonnyBoy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:23 pm

strumminsix wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:What he ever saw in Koons is beyond me. She is so crass and uncouth, I am sure he use to cringe at dinner parties or hang outs with other hippies with her elitist attitude whenever she opened her mouth. I have yet to see a piece of footage where she comes off any other way to me. Maybe she is a sweetheart, but I doubt it.

How can you be so sure? He loved, cared for, and married her. Unless you are calling him an idiot but I can't see somebody marrying a woman who made him cringe.

I am sure he loved her as much as an active life long heroin/cocaine addict and part time womanizer could. Don't get me wrong, I love Jerry, but that woman did many things in public that made the world not like her, plus Jerry is, well Jerry is Jerry and had a bad wrap sheet when it came to healthy relationships.

Is Jerry an idiot, well I can say he is an awesome guitarist and knows his music. He is m favorite guitarist and he is of the light not dark. The Dead brought me a lot of happiness and I thank him and the others for that. As for the rest of life and the choices he has made, I wouldn't call him a Rhodes Scholar. 8)
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strumminsix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:05 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:
strumminsix wrote:

I am sure he loved her as much as an active life long heroin/cocaine addict and part time womanizer could. Don't get me wrong, I love Jerry, but that woman did many things in public that made the world not like her, plus Jerry is, well Jerry is Jerry and had a bad wrap sheet when it came to healthy relationships.

Is Jerry an idiot, well I can say he is an awesome guitarist and knows his music. He is m favorite guitarist and he is of the light not dark. The Dead brought me a lot of happiness and I thank him and the others for that. As for the rest of life and the choices he has made, I wouldn't call him a Rhodes Scholar. 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny and very much agree. I've just seen how love is blind to many individuals! What one person sees in another isn't for me to understand!

Maybe she aligned with Jerry's non-artistic side more than we know. He wasn't a super hippy and did have his capitalistic ways.. Just thinking out loud...
strumminsix

Postby Chuckles » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Funny line from Jimmy Kimmel last night:

Only thing about the place, the doorbell chime goes on for like 20 minutes...
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion