New JGB band I am playing with in Massachusetts Don't Let Go

New JGB band I am playing with in Massachusetts Don't Let Go

Postby keirweir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:58 am

Hello all,

So... I put together a JGB tribute band consisting of a few hand picked musicians. We just had ourt first rehearsal and I figured I would share some recordings. The room was tight, the PA was somewhat muffled and we never really played before so all in all I thought it was good. We really got going a few times. I am looking forward to getting on stage in front of a crowd with this crew. We got a nice light show at our first gig in Worcester Ma 9/23.

You can also hear my Resurrection Eagle with TPC1 buffer.

Rusty the Scoob is on Bass!

Dear prudence
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8mt5wzhw9y5yzo
Tangled up in blue
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kppaa5lp9ogb33s
Waiting for a miracle
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g9wvyd914rdjp61
keirweir

Re: New JGB band I am playing with in Massachusetts Don't Le

Postby RiverRat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:17 am

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby keirweir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks River Rat!
keirweir

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

you should really compress that to mp3 and host it or something....a 95 megabyte .wav through media fire?! I know maybe you are trying to keep good quality or whatever, but if really want people to hear it....... Right now it takes the better part of an hour to load and I have a 6 MegaBYTE per second connection here at work and it is crawling at like 40 kbps. Just trying to helpful.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby jeffm725 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:16 am

the 53 megabyte waiting for a miracle is moving better, only took 5 minutes.........sounds nice by the way..........
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby keirweir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 am

jeffm725 wrote:the 53 megabyte waiting for a miracle is moving better, only took 5 minutes.........sounds nice by the way..........

Trying to find some time to transfer to Mp3.. Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
keirweir

Postby Chuckles » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:32 am

Sounds great Keir/Dan!

+1 on uploading to Archive. :smile:
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 pm

jeffm725 wrote:you should really compress that to mp3 and host it or something....a 95 megabyte .wav through media fire?! I know maybe you are trying to keep good quality or whatever, but if really want people to hear it....... Right now it takes the better part of an hour to load and I have a 6 MegaBYTE per second connection here at work and it is crawling at like 40 kbps. Just trying to helpful.

That would be my fault... I ran out of time this morning and didn't get a chance to convert them to MP3. I'll extract a few more tracks and convert them all and re-upload them asap.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby waldo041 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:45 pm

sounds good keir and dan, BUT i would tone that drummer down. i am sure it is more first rehearsel jitters, but he could lose some of the fills and concentrate on keeping the tempos solid.

just my opinion and hope you take that in a good way. he definately knows the material which is a huge plus, but to me it sounds like he is trying to add way more then needed and sacrificing the groove to get it all in.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby keirweir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:06 pm

waldo041 wrote:sounds good keir and dan, BUT i would tone that drummer down. i am sure it is more first rehearsel jitters, but he could lose some of the fills and concentrate on keeping the tempos solid.

just my opinion and hope you take that in a good way. he definately knows the material which is a huge plus, but to me it sounds like he is trying to add way more then needed and sacrificing the groove to get it all in.

peace,
waldo

Thanks for the feedback Waldo!

I agree the drums could be toned down a bit for sure. It was a very tight room, the drummer doens't really know the material at all and we were all feeling each other out. He is a talented guy who plays in lots of bands but at the end of the day I know what your saying and its appreciated!

I can't get enough of the TPC1!
keirweir

Postby waldo041 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:35 pm

good drummer for sure! and being off base on his knowledge of the material, i am sure once he gets familiar it will all even out!

i am enjoying hearing your TPC1 also! can't wait til you get to those twin mods to hear the little left that can be squeezed out of that tone!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby keirweir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:49 pm

waldo041 wrote: i am enjoying hearing your TPC1 also! can't wait til you get to those twin mods to hear the little left that can be squeezed out of that tone!

peace,
waldo

+1 :hail:

all good things in all good time MIke. I actually just tried out my K-120 Cab this morning and found it to be like playing an entire different Jer rig. Less bite, fatter and warmer tone. really nice contrast.
keirweir

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:07 pm

I think that knowing the material was his main stumbling block... I had to upload MP3s of all the tunes to Mediafire for him and the keyboard-player/backup-singer since neither of them owned any JGB, and then play some of them on my iPod during the rehearsal so he could get the feel of the tunes.

And yeah, he rushed the tempo, especially when he got really active in his jamming. I'll just have to do better to rein him in now that I know that it's an issue. I've been spoiled by Fennario's various drummers, there's only one out of the 3 or 4 that we play with whose tempos I ever have to worry about.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby keirweir » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:08 pm

keirweir

Postby jerrys.kids » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 pm

great tone kier. love it. As for Brad (drummer), his other band(s) are totally in your face rock. Mostly loud and up tempo stuff and he is awesome at that, so this is way different from that. He'll get it, just set the hook Scoob and reel that baby in!!! Can't wait for the gig boys. See ya there.

-Chris
"Mama said, don't go near that river."
jerrys.kids
Pigpen
Pigpen

Next

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion