Did Jerry Ride? Emoto?

Did Jerry Ride? Emoto?

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:56 pm

I found this ad while browsing Craig's List for motorycles.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/1845572692.html

OK-----HERE IT IS 4 U DEADHEADS-----THIS IS THE BIKE MADE FOR JERRY----I BOUGHT 6 MONTHS AFTER HE DIED FROM HIS WIFE---HAVE RIDDEN THIS BIKE ALL OVER CALIF.---HAD IT SHIPPED HERE 2 DIFFERENT YRS.---HAS BEEN IN BIKESHOW/2 MOVIES/3 CALENDARS----------THIS BIKE IS STILL STRONGGGG AND RIDES LIKE THE WIND-----------MAINTAINED BY MY MECH.(HD IN SF)---ALSO STONES HERE IN NORTHBORO----THE BIKE HAS ORIGINAL ITEMS MADE FOR JERRY=====NO OTHER BIKE LIKE IT----IT HAS NOT BEEN ABUSED----IT WAS ON DISPLAY HERE AT LACONIA FOR 3 DAYS----92 CUSTOM SOFTAIL CUSTOM-----ENGINE HAS ALL THE GOODIES----PAINT WAS 72 HRS. TO PAINT AND 3 GUYS---------EVERYTHING CAPPED CROME OR CROME NUTS-----CUSTOM BAG ADD ONS--ROLLS HEADLIGHT 2ND BRAKE SET IN REAR----SO MUCH TO SAY---TAKES TOO LONG------------IM SIMPLY TIRED OF THE BIKE AND WANT STONES TO BUILD ME A SUPPER CHOP-----IM 60---THIS WILL BE MY LAST 2 WHEELER---HA HA------ONLY DEADHEADS WILL APPRECIATE THIS HEAVY HITTER-------

The bike pictured looks nicely appointed but otherwise ordinary enough. Did Jerry ride? Seems like a bad idea for a new hobby for a diabetic, obese man in his 50's... but he'd be far from the first.
Rusty the Scoob

Re: Did Jerry Ride? Emoto?

Postby RiverRat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 pm

RiverRat wrote:He owned a 1986 Honda Scooter... no listing for a 1992 Softtail.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/garcia1.html

:lol: :lol: now that's something I would have loved to see... I actually had a scooter, still do needs a carb, I use to ride the hell out of it, put 32K miles on it when I worked as a courier. But jerry, thats some funny stuff... it may have been his daughters..
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strumminsix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Never heard of him riding.

I see those stealie primary covers from time to time, not horribly unique.

FTR - it says "made for Jerry" doesn't say JG commissioned it, rode, liked it, saw it or eve knew it existed.
strumminsix

Postby RiverRat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby ker1227 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:03 pm

does the license plate say Dusch??
ker1227
Billy
Billy

Postby Emoto » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I found this ad while browsing Craig's List for motorycles.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/1845572692.html

OK-----HERE IT IS 4 U DEADHEADS-----THIS IS THE BIKE MADE FOR JERRY----I BOUGHT 6 MONTHS AFTER HE DIED FROM HIS WIFE---HAVE RIDDEN THIS BIKE ALL OVER CALIF.---HAD IT SHIPPED HERE 2 DIFFERENT YRS.---HAS BEEN IN BIKESHOW/2 MOVIES/3 CALENDARS----------THIS BIKE IS STILL STRONGGGG AND RIDES LIKE THE WIND-----------MAINTAINED BY MY MECH.(HD IN SF)---ALSO STONES HERE IN NORTHBORO----THE BIKE HAS ORIGINAL ITEMS MADE FOR JERRY=====NO OTHER BIKE LIKE IT----IT HAS NOT BEEN ABUSED----IT WAS ON DISPLAY HERE AT LACONIA FOR 3 DAYS----92 CUSTOM SOFTAIL CUSTOM-----ENGINE HAS ALL THE GOODIES----PAINT WAS 72 HRS. TO PAINT AND 3 GUYS---------EVERYTHING CAPPED CROME OR CROME NUTS-----CUSTOM BAG ADD ONS--ROLLS HEADLIGHT 2ND BRAKE SET IN REAR----SO MUCH TO SAY---TAKES TOO LONG------------IM SIMPLY TIRED OF THE BIKE AND WANT STONES TO BUILD ME A SUPPER CHOP-----IM 60---THIS WILL BE MY LAST 2 WHEELER---HA HA------ONLY DEADHEADS WILL APPRECIATE THIS HEAVY HITTER-------

The bike pictured looks nicely appointed but otherwise ordinary enough. Did Jerry ride? Seems like a bad idea for a new hobby for a diabetic, obese man in his 50's... but he'd be far from the first.

You know, I've been riding almost as long as I've been a deadhead and I have never heard anything to indicate that Jerry rode. I'm not saying he didn't because I don't know, but you'd think it would have popped up now and then in an interview or something if he did. Given his taste in guitars, and the fact that he drove a BMW car, I kind of have a hard time imagining that he'd ride something so ridiculous and goofy as that bike, if he did ride. :lol:
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby strumminsix » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:18 am

RiverRat wrote:
strumminsix wrote:FTR - it says "made for Jerry" doesn't say JG commissioned it, rode, liked it, saw it or eve knew it existed.

The seller did say he bought it from Jerry's wife.

My bad. Kinda forgot after weeding through a bunch of bullshit after!
strumminsix

Postby RiverRat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:01 am

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby Emoto » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 am

RiverRat wrote:
That's OK... I read the topic title as:

Did Jerry ride Emoto?

...And I nearly puked in my mouth!

Hey now! :shock:
Emoto

Postby Emoto » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:22 pm

RiverRat wrote:
strumminsix wrote:FTR - it says "made for Jerry" doesn't say JG commissioned it, rode, liked it, saw it or eve knew it existed.

The seller did say he bought it from Jerry's wife.

Who knows, maybe someone owed her money and gave her the bike instead. This seller wouldn't be the first to embellish a story...
Emoto

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:50 am

Emoto wrote:
You know, I've been riding almost as long as I've been a deadhead and I have never heard anything to indicate that Jerry rode. I'm not saying he didn't because I don't know, but you'd think it would have popped up now and then in an interview or something if he did.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, too.

Given his taste in guitars, and the fact that he drove a BMW car, I kind of have a hard time imagining that he'd ride something so ridiculous and goofy as that bike, if he did ride. :lol:

Good point there... he also had the latest Power Mac when he died... I remember drooling over it versus the old Mac that I had at the time. I think Macs are more like Ducatis or BMWs where you don't mess with it too much, versus PCs that are like Harleys where you take the entire bike apart and mod it like crazy.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Emoto » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 am

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Emoto wrote:
You know, I've been riding almost as long as I've been a deadhead and I have never heard anything to indicate that Jerry rode. I'm not saying he didn't because I don't know, but you'd think it would have popped up now and then in an interview or something if he did.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, too.

Given his taste in guitars, and the fact that he drove a BMW car, I kind of have a hard time imagining that he'd ride something so ridiculous and goofy as that bike, if he did ride. :lol:

Good point there... he also had the latest Power Mac when he died... I remember drooling over it versus the old Mac that I had at the time. I think Macs are more like Ducatis or BMWs where you don't mess with it too much, versus PCs that are like Harleys where you take the entire bike apart and mod it like crazy.

The other side of the coin is that motorcycle magazines tend to mention celebrities who ride, and I never saw Jerry mentioned as a rider. This, even though for very long time Mitch Boehm was the editor of Motorcyclist, and apparently a deadhead, given all the dead references he slipped in over the years.
Emoto

Postby slipnut » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 am

I have a friend who owns a restaurant, Camille's, in Key West. Jerry pulled up on a Harley for lunch one day.

Also, there's a book, Dead Angel, written by Jerry's childhood best friend, John Clark. It tells of Jerry's first encounter on a motorcycle and his first meeting with the Hells Angels, among other things.
slipnut
welcome
welcome

Postby Poor Peter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:47 am

Am I reading this correctly? $13.74 for sitting in on a Dylan album. If I am that's awesome.
Poor Peter
Terrapin
Terrapin

Next

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion