Phil's Greatest Moments?

Re: Phil's Greatest Moments?

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:38 am

ebick wrote:
YES....and you owe me 8 minutes of my life!

You probably loved that stroll down memory lane !
A GREAT PHIL riff would be that killer one in
Ship Of Fools
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 pm

You guys think Phil is responsible for the bridge ( ? ) part of Cosmic Charlie ?
:?:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby ebick » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:You guys think Phil is responsible for the bridge ( ? ) part of Cosmic Charlie ?

No....all Jerry. I heard an interview where Jer was asked why they stopped playing CC. He said that in those early days, he and Hunter were just learning to write songs, and that the bridges in CC were clumsy. I think he felt the same way, maybe to a lesser extent, about St Stephen.

Back to the subject What's Become of the (should have been aborted) Baby. I still can't believe that they opted to use that time for that instead of the William Tell / Eleven.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby mttourpro » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:01 pm

ebick wrote:
Tennessee Jedi wrote:Whats become of the baby

Tennessee....because you said this, I forced myself to do something I haven't done in years, and swore I'd never do again.....and that was to listen to that piece of..........music.

I hope that you viewed this as a troll based on the OPs post count of one, because if not, then all I can say is......

Seriously?.....that is where you would point someone who wants to hear Phil's best moments?

Obviously you did not get to use one of the octopus' masks before listening........not that it would help all that much anyhow!
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby Octal » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:03 pm

ebick wrote:
Tennessee Jedi wrote:You guys think Phil is responsible for the bridge ( ? ) part of Cosmic Charlie ?

No....all Jerry. I heard an interview where Jer was asked why they stopped playing CC. He said that in those early days, he and Hunter were just learning to write songs, and that the bridges in CC were clumsy. I think he felt the same way, maybe to a lesser extent, about St Stephen.

Back to the subject What's Become of the (should have been aborted) Baby. I still can't believe that they opted to use that time for that instead of the William Tell / Eleven.

I read in "Searching for the Sound" that Jerry didn't like how they had to slow down during the choruses, but Phil liked how this slow down made it build back up into the verses. Give something to get something.
Octal
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby bodiddley » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:14 am

Morning Dew from SPAC '83 or Hershey '85.
bodiddley

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion