Dead.net tele-operators WTF?

Dead.net tele-operators WTF?

Postby bodiddley » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Let's hear it for outsourcing. I don't know if I'm talking to North Korea, South Vietnam, or friggin' Sumatra. I never thought I'd feel safer placing an order on the internet but lo and behold. Gone are the days of some stoner answering the phone with GD music playing while I'm on hold. If I was one of the core four a "no outsourcing" clause would have been in the contract.
bodiddley

Re: Dead.net tele-operators WTF?

Postby Harvestwind » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Well for all of their counter culture idealism, the fact is that the Dead as a business organisation are probably the most successful product marketers of just about any band. I suspect they've released more albums since Jerry's death than during the entire time the band was on the road, not to mention the merchandising.

It seems logical that an organisation that approaches marketing so professionally in every other aspect would outsource if it determined that to be the most profitable way of doing business.
Harvestwind
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby Emoto » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:49 am

Didn't they pretty much turn all of the business stuff over to Rhino Records?
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby bodiddley » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Yes, I believe they did. The outsourcing is like a kick in the balls. I hate to see that happen with so many companies. I don't think the GD ever would have done that had they still been runnining it. Ther's something to be said about a company that cares about other things than just the bottom line.
bodiddley

Postby jdsmodulus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 am

There is no GD anymore. This becomes more and more apparent everyday! The Fam is still going strong though. More shows...
jdsmodulus

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion