Want Jerry's Dishwasher?

Want Jerry's Dishwasher?

Postby ebick » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:59 pm

Jerry Garcia's Appliances to Be Auctioned

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051129/ap_ ... ia_auction

SAN FRANCISCO - Jerry Garcia's dishwasher, toilets and other home appliances will be auctioned by a nonprofit group hoping to raise more than $100,000.

The items, which also include stereo cabinets, cupboards and a freezer, will be available for bidding on the online auction site eBay from Dec. 18 through Dec. 24.

Revenue will benefit the Sophia Foundation, a San Francisco Bay area nonprofit that aids children and families during marital separations and divorces, said the group's chairman, Henry Koltys.

Koltys bought the Nicasio, Calif. home of Garcia, the lead singer and guitarist of the Grateful Dead, in 1997, two years after Garcia died of a heart attack.

An appraiser has valued the items at about $75,000, but Koltys said he expects people will end up spending more.

"There's a lot of Deadheads out there with money, and they want a piece of Jerry somehow."
ebick

Postby jck_strw » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:49 am

On one hand, I'm glad it's for charity.

On the other...wtf?
http://db.etree.org/jck_strw - Tapelist
-----
"Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril. "
Bad News Bears
jck_strw

Yuck!

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:22 pm

red
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Cosmic C » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:49 pm

This is all really messed up and I can't believe all of this is going on. The end must be near....
Truckin' in style along the avenue.....
Cosmic C
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

what the hell

Postby mike098765 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:56 pm

this is bull$hit, i would be really pissed off if someone tried selling my toilet.

give the man some respect instead of trying to make as much money off his stuff as you can. disgusting.
mike098765

Postby spilly » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:56 am

I'm tired of being disgusted and iritated over this stuff. If there is an afterlife, Jerry's looking over all this crap and laughing anyways. Let the coin-mongers make their loot. Who cares if they want to auction of some appliences. Jerry gave us his music and thats what counts. They can do whatever they want with his washer or even his guitars, it's not about the possesions, it's about the tunes.

Jerry gave us his soul, let the people who don't understand that by his leftover crap. If they don't get it now they never will
spilly
Bear
Bear

Postby thomas_chortle » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:34 am

It doesn't even have a decent efficiency rating...sheesh.
thomas_chortle

Want Jerry's Dishwasher?

Postby phreaker » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:40 am

Odd...

it's wierd enough to have stuff of his auctioned off (esp. now, after the archive incident, and after his Tiger incident.)

But his toilet? I mean, Jerry is a good guy, I just don't want to have the item that he poo'ed in every day.
phreaker

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion