Archive Downloads?

Archive Downloads?

Postby settledowneasy91 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:37 am

Hi everybody i was wondering if you could help me out
When i use archive.com and wnat to download a show, it takes like 4-7 days or something. Even a song takes like a couple hours. I use dial up internet, im assuming this is the problem, but is there something else, or does it just take this long to download? Lately ive just been listening to the files on mp3, but that takes a while to load. Please help me!! thanks in advance :oops:
settledowneasy91
Keith
Keith

download speeds

Postby phpbb » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:02 am

you need to get a faster internet connection if you want to download those shows. Personally, access to things like archive.org makes the cost justifiable.

However, depending on where you work and their internet policy, you can download the shows at work and burn them onto a CD.

Or, jump onto your neighbor's wifi and use their cable modem! (joking).
phpbb

65 recordings

Postby settledowneasy91 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:22 am

Oh ok thanks for the tip, but my problem isnt the cash, evidently im not "in location" for dsl
Also-Has anyone checked out the 65 recording they have on archive? definatley a little nugget of bay area history, cant remebeber all the songs but it had an orignal-mindbender, a very upbeat i know you rider, early morning rain, and i think caution, but i cant really remember
settledowneasy91
Keith
Keith

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion