my new Samick/Valley arts hybrid

my new Samick/Valley arts hybrid

Postby LazyLightnin » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:25 pm

sup yall, its been 6 months since my SG was stolen from our practice space and i finally got a replacement. i bought a Strat copy Samick/Valley arts hybrid. its got some gr8 tones and feels better than a Squire mos def. i guess Samick and valley arts made some guitars together several years ago and when production stopped there were still good parts left over. thus a very limited number of these hybrids were made. it has a Valley arts head and neck along with a slick black samick body and i have to say im rather impressed with the quality and sound. of course its used but i got a gr8 deal from a good buddy of mine who happens to be a guitar tech at a local store. needless to say i was happlessly thanked for not shopping at guitar center :wink: the askin for my baby was $269, pricey cause of its rarity, but i got it for a flat $149. that includes tax :wink:

juss thought id celebrate with a post.it'd be nice to here what kinda weapons yall play on at home. guitars i mean

-Lazy

"do you know what the universal language is? its juss music!" -Jimmy Cliff
LazyLightnin

Postby Cosmic C » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:27 pm

Ibenez Artist Deluxe at least thats what I know about it. I dont know if there are any specific numbers or anything like that. I've had it for about six years now and I love it. Great tone....
Truckin' in style along the avenue.....
Cosmic C
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby stonemountain » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:40 pm

Mine's a Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster. Once I got it broken in it's been a great guitar. Stays in tune always. Black w/white pickguard and ebony fretboard. Very happy with it. My acoustic is an S101 guitar. Single cutaway natural finish dreadnought. Got it for $35 on ebay! Great guitar! Best deal I'll ever get. :D
stonemountain
tiger
tiger

Postby gr8fulbluz » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:09 pm

My sig pic is of my custom 2003 Carvin DC127fa and my acoustic is an 1986 Alvarez with rosewood back and sides. My Carvin is very easy to play, almost too easy, Almost!
i saved up for the custom Carvin for a long time and i am very happy with it.
At the moment they are the only 2 i play.
And they both need new strings!
Cheers
gr8fulbluz

Postby slewfoot » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:08 am

I use a custom (cobbled together myself) Strat - 57 V-style fender repro neck, alnico single coils. Then there's a Yamaha FG-413S acoustic, an old Samick P-bass copy which I love and a Washburn XB-400 bantam bass.

slewfoot
welcome
welcome

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion