dead theory knowledge

dead theory knowledge

Postby the11 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:40 am

hey anyone who can shed light on this (paging Dr. D) i am really curious as to what the levels of music theory were for the members of my favorite band. who were the experts, who flew by the seat of their pants. i'm just really curious if I need to be an expert to play like jerry or bob. or are there tricks i can just pick up with a good ear
"wonder who will water all the children of the garden when they sigh about the barren lack of rain and droop so hungry 'neath the sky, ahhhh -ayyyy"
the11
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby LazyLightnin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:34 pm

visit the tank for an eye opener :shock:

-Lazy

''Dont judge me by my napkins"
LazyLightnin

Postby Yesterdays gone home » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:28 am

Well it comes more naturally to some people than others and different people have better dexterity and can transcribe things and lean things and pick up things quicker than others making there progress in learning something faster. Jerry was just that, but he also had an incredable knowlage of music and musical theory and the technical side of music...he really had the knowlage of a jazz musician or classical musican...he learned alot of stuff and read up on anything...he was an increably smart guy about almost anything but music comes from the heart but playing guitar takes time and practice and knowlage to know what you are playing and Jerry had all those...
Yesterdays gone home

Postby Bucky » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:36 pm

Here is the above post with spelling errors corrected:

Well it comes more naturally to some people than others and different people have better dexterity and can transcribe things and lean things and pick up things quicker than others making there progress in learning something faster. Jerry was just that, but he also had an incredible knowledge of music and musical theory and the technical side of music...he really had the knowledge of a jazz musician or classical musician...he learned a lot of stuff and read up on anything...he was an incredibly smart guy about almost anything but music comes from the heart but playing guitar takes time and practice and knowledge to know what you are playing and Jerry had all those...
Bucky

Postby Yesterdays gone home » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:06 am

There is a saying and it goes "if you dont have anything intresting to say don't say it" That kinda springs to mind at this moment.
Yesterdays gone home
bruce
bruce

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion