The Dead Should lend a helping hand to Tom Constanten

The Dead Should lend a helping hand to Tom Constanten

Postby wexwax » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:50 am

:idea: Tom Constanten, the Dead's keyboardist from 67-69, did not hang in there long enough to participate on the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc gravy train. He played w the Dead when they were truly a cult band, playing asymetrical, fing tripped out jams to small groups of fans.

The point is that Tom Constanten is about to be kicked out of his modest apartment in Charlotte, NC. The Organization, the Dead organization should send some of their VAST WEALTH Tom's way.

He is, if anyone is, a fellow Traveler with the band. If the Dead don't help Tom, then what cost their Hippie image? If they let Tom Constanten hit the street then The Dead organization are more social darwinists than they are Hippies to me.
I am a long time Dead head. When I conceived and Executive Produced the album, WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP ITS BEEN, I made no money but was and am Still Honored to have worked on a Dead album. However, that album MADE MILLIONS for The Dead Organization.
The Dead should kick a crumb of that money towards Tom... Let's say 10 grand a year for the rest of Tom's life. That would be the fing HIPPIE thing to do.
Paul L. Wexler

ps Tom did not put me up to this. I am aware of his financial troubles, which is why I am doing this.
wexwax

Postby phpbb » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:17 am

Perhaps we could get the dead to allow rukind.com to host a charity event for Tom?
phpbb

I love T.C.

Postby Amber » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:58 am

How can us fans help?
Amber

Postby hirsh39 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:14 am

hahaha
http://www.gdforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167

soliciting this on every dead related forum in the world?
hirsh39
bruce
bruce

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion