What happened at the shows?

Re: What happened at the shows?

Postby vwjodyme » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 am

:lol: I was doing that wiggly-butt dance last Friday at Furthur in the middle of Dark Star accept I looked around and everyone around me was sitting or passed out! I figured their minds had been blown so i kept wiggling :lol:
vwjodyme

Postby hotasaPistol » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

It was the best of times it was the worst of times.........there were absolutely magical moments and then there were the train wrecks..they tended to balance each other out..depending on your point of view of course........some of the nicest people I ever met and some of the most uppity stuck up I am better than you because my hair is longer my dope is better and I have seen more shows than you assholes.....my first show was spring of '74 Santa Barbara ....last show Chinese New Years '95............some shows I was completely gonzo and some just mildly stoned........one of my favorites was when the boys opened for The Who.......my girl friend and I ate a dose...we were sitting about 20 yards from the stage center....waiting for the dose to kick in we ate another.....maybe not a good idea......when they took the stage my girl friend grabbed my hand and drug me directly to the front of the stage...hands on the rail....If I stepped on you I am sorry the acid had just really strong kicked in and I wasn't letting go of her hand....any way the music started and when I turned around to look behind me I got so freaked because everyone was staring at me....I just held her hand and got into the music ...a cloud in the sky let down a stair and I swear I watched Jerry from above the stage for their entire set...by the time the Who came on I was back on the ground still center stage looking at Roger and Pete...all I could see of Moon was his drum sticks....what a great day...we ended up at the beach in Santa Cruz some how that night......fast forward 6 months to a day of skiing in Squaw Valley and I am having a beer at a bar and me and this dude just look at each other and say : center stage front row day on the green Who /Dead....we had a couple of beers and told some stories....went our separate ways....I couldn't make this up if I tried.....Tribal Cosmic Musical Harmonic Convergence Moments for the rest of your life......and then there are the ones I can't remember..... :smile: :smile: :smile:
hotasaPistol
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Pete B. » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:18 am

I've never had a dose based "flashback".
Anybody???
Uhh.. where are these flashbacks they promised us???
Pete B.

Postby gr8fullfred » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 am

Flashbacks:

Some years ago, my friends and I went to "the other ones" show at Nassau Coliseum. This was the first "other ones" tour. Fun to drive to Nassau, same place where they used to have the floor with no seats and the whole show GA. Parking lot scene was cool. Great to be with the Deadheads again, as before this point it was unclear as what the future may bring.

Show was Ok I thought. The highlight was Uncle John's Band, which being one of the true anthems of the dead was wonderful. Being at Nassau, with most of the boys, and having the deadheads sing along to UJB, well it was kinda magical for me. It was like a stealing a moment from the past, and reliving it, one that was thought of as gone forever.
gr8fullfred
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Dwarf Rat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Hollywood Bowl 1972

Our first Dead show. We took the Greyhound to LA where my cousin Cory picked us up.

She decided to cruise by the Whiskey A GoGo to see who was playing: The Mahavishnu Orchestra.

We found the money for tix and went right up to the stage.

Next afternoon we headed out for the Bowl while I rolled joints in the back seat. We had a good buzz when we went in the gate. Our tickets had us I the absolutely very last row of the Bowl. No one was behind us, only the Hollywood hills.

We started smoking joints while the New Riders did their thing. After they were done, the Dead started to tune up. Phil hit harmonics on his bass. I could see them coming. My goose bumps had goosebumps. When he played the riff into The Other One and hit the chord, I came in my pants.
It was Pig's last show, and all my dreams came true. I was a virgin no more.
Dwarf Rat
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby mgbills » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Flashbacks...Pete

I used to get them ...I think :-)

Back when I was a college kid in Southern NY, I had a chemistry teacher who tried to inspire me to Grate-ness, by teaching me the old school Hoffmann method for the production of ...

That experience provided me with a small gram vial of this wonderful liquid. I remember a fall day...sitting watching the oak & maple leaves float from the top of this grove. I'd just been to psych class or something, and remember drifting into the wonderful reverie. Used to happen occasionally when I was really into that sort of thing.

My once or twice a year schedule doesn't seem to have the same effect.

But in those days there was a whole lot of everything to be had. Who knows for sure....

M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby Octal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Dwarf Rat wrote:Hollywood Bowl 1972

Our first Dead show. We took the Greyhound to LA where my cousin Cory picked us up.

She decided to cruise by the Whiskey A GoGo to see who was playing: The Mahavishnu Orchestra.

We found the money for tix and went right up to the stage.

Next afternoon we headed out for the Bowl while I rolled joints in the back seat. We had a good buzz when we went in the gate. Our tickets had us I the absolutely very last row of the Bowl. No one was behind us, only the Hollywood hills.

We started smoking joints while the New Riders did their thing. After they were done, the Dead started to tune up. Phil hit harmonics on his bass. I could see them coming. My goose bumps had goosebumps. When he played the riff into The Other One and hit the chord, I came in my pants.
It was Pig's last show, and all my dreams came true. I was a virgin no more.

Pig's last show? First Stella Blue ever played.

That's prophetic.
Octal
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:59 am

The entire stage flapped and flew manically around the inside of the arena like a 60 ft magic carpet. Also there was this one kid who was totally freaking out...
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion