Benefit concert for Ray Penney of Great Caesar's Ghost

Benefit concert for Ray Penney of Great Caesar's Ghost

Postby Jon S. » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Mods, I'm not certain if this is the best/correct place for this thread but I thought it would get more views here. If I erred, please move the thread and forgive the transgression as it's for an important cause.

Ray Penney, first and foremost a wonderful human being but also the incredible lead guitarist for Great Caesar's Ghost and a close friend since we were 12 years old, has a rare form of leukemia. It was in remission but recently flared up again. The disease is debilitating. Ray has been unable to gig or teach since the flare up but his family and his bills' have not stopped during this period.

On Friday evening, March 23, in East Hampton, NY, Allman Brothers Band drummer Butch Trucks will join Great Caesar's Ghost (sans Ray, who is too weak to play) for a benefit concert for Ray. Great Caesar's Ghost is an incredible Dead/Allman Brothers cover band with originals, too. The link and poster below explain it all. The link includes an address for donations from people who can't physically make the show but would like to contribute.

I'll be driving up on Friday from Virginia, catching the show, and staying overnight at the East Hampton House Resort a mile and half from the venue, Guild Hall. If you can support this important benefit and will be at the show, PM me in advance, it would be wonderful to meet you. Please come if you can. Thank you.

http://www.greatcg.com/Concert_For_Ray_Penney.html

"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion