"Boris Garcia" band

"Boris Garcia" band

Postby Pete B. » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 am

I see Boris Garcia is playing in town this week, along with Portland based "Cats Under The Stars", thurs @ The Goodfoot.
iirc, T-Jed is buds with the Boris group.
Anybody caught these guys recently?
I will have to check 'em out.
:cool:
http://thegoodfoot.com/
Last edited by Pete B. on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete B.

Re: "Boris Garcia" band

Postby jahozer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Boris Garcia is akin to Garcia Grisman type stuff, or Railroad Earth. I think he used to be in From Good Homes, which some of the guys in RRE used to be in as well. Go see it. Why wouldnt ya?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Pete B. wrote:I see Boris Garcia is playing in town this week, along with Vermont based "Cats Under The Stars", thurs @ The Goodfoot.
iirc, T-Jed is buds with the Boris group, and a VT Cats member has posted here before.
Anybody caught these groups recently?

What? Pete, it's the Oregon-based Cats Under The Stars opening for Boris G. at Goodfoot this Thurs.. y'know, the one you sat in so excellently for in April! This will be the inaugural run for Wright/Thun/Rogers/Wallace/Biggs :cool:
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Pete B. » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:24 pm

tigerstrat wrote:
Pete B. wrote:I see Boris Garcia is playing in town this week, along with Vermont based "Cats Under The Stars", thurs @ The Goodfoot.
iirc, T-Jed is buds with the Boris group, and a VT Cats member has posted here before.
Anybody caught these groups recently?

What? Pete, it's the Oregon-based Cats Under The Stars opening for Boris G. at Goodfoot this Thurs.. y'know, the one you sat in so excellently for in April! This will be the inaugural run for Wright/Thun/Rogers/Wallace/Biggs :cool:

Sorry 'bout that (I edited it)! I blindly listed the Goodfoot site, but now on closer read I see it is the Portland CATS.
Here's where i messed up...Look what it says on JamBase (It even says "Vermont" and links to their website):
http://www.jambase.com/shows/Shows.aspx ... =1&pasi=50
Totally sorry 'bout that blunder (but I guess i'll see ya Thurs!).
:oops:
Pete B.

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 am

Pete, thanks for the "Heads up" on the error. I asked JamBase to correct the listing. These things can happen a lot when venue staff post the listings, rather than people from the bands themselves. See ya Thursday I hope!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am

Pete B. wrote:I see Boris Garcia is playing in town this week, along with Portland based "Cats Under The Stars", thurs @ The Goodfoot.
iirc, T-Jed is buds with the Boris group.
Anybody caught these guys recently?

Petey
I think they have added a pedal steel player to the line up so there you go.
They are not as jammy as the name suggests though. .... Mando guy does some nice solos. The one guitar guy was in a long time Philly Dead band that escapes me but he doesnt solo as much. They sing nice.
I haven't seen them since my friend left the band - maybe they are different now.
Thats cool that Cats is opening up.Sounds like fun.
:-)
Tennessee Jedi

Postby jeffm725 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 am

The name of the Philly Dead band was Living Earth, very good band.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:52 am

When he does solo... he catches fire! Great, talented bunch of guys.
tigerstrat

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion