Question about musician community on this site

Question about musician community on this site

Postby ChiroVette » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:48 am

Hey everyone, I am pretty new to the forum on this site, though I have been coming here for years. Anyway, I have no idea where to post this question so I figured a general discussion forum was probably a safe bet. I was wondering if there is a forum on this site for musicians to hook up with one another. With all the instructional stuff and other very helpful pages, it seems like a natural thing to have here, but I could not find a forum for that.

I play and sing the "Jerry parts" in a NYC/Long Island based Dead cover band and I need one more person in the band. I don't want to get into specifics, because I moderate several huge forums (lol Google my name) on the web and we frown on advertising. Since I have no idea what you guys consider advertising here, I am going to err on the safe side so as not to get banned. ;)

Anyway, is there a forum for musicians hooking up with bands, bands looking for musicians, or people starting bands looking for other players?

Thanks and again, sorry if this is not allowed!
ChiroVette
tiger
tiger

Re: Question about musician community on this site

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:29 am

Welcome, CV, or weclome to posting!

Over on the menu on the left-side frame there's a bandmate search/hookup tool. I've never used it myself... I got my band by answering a Craig's List posting. But it's worth a try!

http://bandmates.rukind.org/
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Kennay » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:47 am

Hi ChiroVette.
I answered a post on the Members Gigs section of this board and ended up joining a band. I guess that`s the place to hook up. Worked for me and I`m eternally grateful for this board and all it`s members. Good luck. Keep us posted and say hello to Joey Buttafuego for me.
Kennay
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby ChiroVette » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks guys! I am going to do just that. lol Can't believe I missed that link!
ChiroVette
tiger
tiger

Postby gr8fulbluz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:43 pm

C-Vette, Welcome welcome! Whoot!
Just gotta poke a round. The place has a great bunch of all levels and approaches to the 'sound'. I think you will be able for find what ya need, like a highway sign, showing you the way, leaving no doubt. No worries, I am glad you are making use of the system

I grew up on LI, right near the Nassau/Suffolk borderline (mid island), but left in -1985' -ish. There was a ton of heads in my neighborhood, Yeah! Miss it!

Forever Grateful, This place is great, for example, I have found a great band through this site/board. Chuckles and The Road are my sanity check here in DC for some great G-Dead covers locally. And Chuck always has time to say hi and shoot the shite. I look forward to their shows.

For what it is worth, I have not seriously jammed with anyone in 5 plus years and they were much better than me and related to me (nephews) and even younger than me :-( Sux gettin old, punk arse kids. So I have no idea :-)

Funny thing I got all the time in the world to Jam this weekend, And I could use the practice cause i sux, Happy days.

A Former LI head
Cheers
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby jahozer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:36 pm

I met robc from that listing and another guy in the area.
I have met other guys through Craigs list. CL is good but it can add yet another flaky dimension to a decidedly flaky endeavor. A lot of "I dont really know any dead but would want to play other stuff" :roll:
so here is a pretty solid bet, though limited in volume of people compared to CL
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

Postby Chuckles » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:41 pm

If I am any part of a sanity check for Gr8ful, he's halfway around the bend already and heading south! :lol:

I've also met some very kind folk with whom I've had the pleasure of either hanging or playing with through this site. Highly specialized to be sure... But, that's why we're here, no? good luck on your search. :smile:
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion