Looks like the Grateful Dead movie's coming back to theatres

Looks like the Grateful Dead movie's coming back to theatres

Postby Jon S. » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 am

I'm going with some friends to a show at a local No. VA theatre. How 'bout y'all?

http://www.fathomevents.com/concerts/event/gratefuldead.aspx?utm_source=GratefulDead_Facebook&utm_medium=GratefulDead_FBAds&utm_campaign=GratefulDead_FathomPage
Don’t miss your chance to see a flashback concert experience with the Grateful Dead on the big screen. Fathom and Rhino Entertainment present “The Grateful Dead Movie” in movie theaters nationwide for a one night event on Wednesday, April 20th at 7:30pm (local time). This special event will include an exclusive never-before-seen interview with Jerry Garcia conducted while he was directing this legendary production over 35 years ago. “The Grateful Dead Movie” has not been available in wide theatrical distribution since its initial release in 1977.

Tickets on sale NOW! Enter your zip code to find a theater near you.

Click here for a list of all participating movie theaters.

“The Grateful Dead Movie,” a combination of cinematic rockumentary and concert film takes a look at the original Dead Head phenomena. Originally recorded at San Francisco’s Winterland Arena in 1974, this feature has taken a place in film history with legendary performances of “U.S. Blues,” “One More Saturday Night,” “Casey Jones,” “Playing in the Band” and “Sugar Magnolia,” among other Grateful Dead classics.

*Some content may not be suitable for younger audiences.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: Looks like the Grateful Dead movie's coming back to thea

Postby willmusic » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:27 am

We cashed in some fandango credits and got our tickets, gonna be fun. Also our chance to check out the cinema bistro that just opened. Saw the GD Movie at a drive in as well 13 or 14 years ago, really cool scene. Must say I could def stand to see it on a big screen every couple years!
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Re: Looks like the Grateful Dead movie's coming back to thea

Postby JonnyBoy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Finally a Grateful Dead experience I can afford since the early 90's. :lol:
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Return to Grateful Dead General Discussion