Furthur 11/21/2010 MSG

Talk about the recent Tours

Furthur 11/21/2010 MSG

Postby gr8fullfred » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:32 am

Saw Furthur at MSG last night Sunday 11/21/10. WOW! Best post Jerry Show I ever saw.

Weather Report Suite>Pink Floyd's Time >Weather Report Suite was pretty much amazing.

The best playing and sounding Phil I ever saw!

The background singers contributed to the best ever vocals ever heard from these guys.

JK sounded great -killer Morning Dew

Wier rotated between Strat and Les Paul.

Do not miss if you have the chance to see them.
gr8fullfred
Jerry
Jerry

Re: Furthur 11/21/2010 MSG

Postby USBLUES » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:18 am

went both nights and totally agree, saturday was awesome, sunday was mindblowing, there wasn;t a second during those two shows that wasn;t epic, joe russo is an animal on kit, he kicked the sh*t of those drums last night,he is so powerful and rowdy yet it looks so effortless, a friend noticed something special was going on with phil on saturday night and gave me nugde so i focused in and phil was raging, his hand looks like a spider waltzing on the fingerboard, i was like holy crap this guys on fire, and that intensity did not let up, bobs voice was inspired and just rang like bell in msg, bob was involved in some vicious love triangle with the les paul and the strat all weekend with some sideaction at the amp, i loved every minute of it as we saw one of the great masters searchin for the sound, these guys came with their bigboy panties on ready to rock and it showed, they kicked ass!
USBLUES
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Chuckles » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Glad to hear Sunday was so good; I'm hard pressed to believe it could have actually topped Saturday! Caught Bmore, Worcester and Sat night... which was - no feint praise - one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Definitely had that x-factor happening. So very happy for these guys to be able to make such great music on the biggest stage out there.
:hail: :hail: :hail:
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby 1960strat » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm

I saw both nights and the energy was great. Russo is a monster. Chimenti was brilliant. JK has been playing that prs the whole time and is definitely going for his own sound which is pretty cool. The only thing I didn't care for is some of he jams seemed to rip off phish. Viola lee blues jam is case in point. That was straight up Trey. Interested if anyone else heard that.
He's so high he will probably sell it to us for free.
1960strat
Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby waldo041 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:51 pm

1960strat wrote: The only thing I didn't care for is some of he jams seemed to rip off phish. Viola lee blues jam is case in point. That was straight up Trey. Interested if anyone else heard that.

although i wasn't at MSG, i had the same view from the chicago show i went to. also from listening to the shows, it is something he has been doing more and more, and not just in Viola Lee......

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby Stevo123 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 pm

I think this combination of players is about as hot as it gets! Bob and Phil definitely put together something special with this band. I just think Russo, Chimenti, and Kadlecik complement those guys so well. The energy is fresh and vibrant and the music is being played at a very high level. Hard not to get excited about it! Been to 5 shows so far this year, hope to see more soon. Waiting patiently on word about 2011 tours!
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Postby jerrys.kids » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 pm

i hear trey in there for sure. was in worcester and his jamming for the most part leaned towards that tone. pretty sick stuff though. loved the backdrop btw. :D
"Mama said, don't go near that river."
jerrys.kids
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby gdrfk1990 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 pm

>>>>saturday was awesome, sunday was mindblowing<<<

I could not agree more last night blew my mind for sure this is the best post Jerry lineup yet Morning Dew was off the hook. Yeah some of his stuff sounds like Trey that's great in my opinion because some of Trey's stuff sounds like Scott Murawski and JK sounds like Jerry . Everyone gets it from everyone else that's music. Whatever blows my mind like they did last night works for me..
gdrfk1990
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info