Further Summer Tour

Talk about the recent Tours

Re: Further Summer Tour

Postby keirweir » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:04 am

Last nights rehearsal with review from a twisted friend.

Picasso Moon (BW) >
Brown Eyed Women (JK,PL)
Lazy River Road (BW,PL)
Magnolia Mountain(JK)
El Paso (BW)
Muli Guli (PL,BW) *new song
Tons Of Steel (BW,PL,JK)
No More Do I (JK)
Two Djinn (BW)
Come Together (BW)
China Cat Sunflower(JK) >
I Know You Rider (BW,JK)

Caught the first Muli Guli!!!!

rippin picasso>brown eyed (cant believe i wrote that), mag. mtn (ryan adams) is a great tune. tons of steel was quite odd. nice jams out of two djinn and come together. china>rider rocked. 5 rows back...killer. Interesting to see them work thru different verses with diff arrangements. Bobby is frightening. He looks like 20 year old irish wolfhound (140 in dog years). black eyes, scraggly hair, his stache is so big you cant even see him sing. He started el paso with the pink "daisy dukes strat" and yelled "wait a minute...hold on now...." looked like he was having a flashback...proceeded to switch axes and head for west texas.

What makes the music fun again is the drummer and guitarist. Russo is an up tempo monster and JK shreds. Pretty cool experience.
keirweir

Postby mttourpro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 am

keirweir wrote:Last nights rehearsal with review from a twisted friend.

Picasso Moon (BW) >
Brown Eyed Women (JK,PL)
Lazy River Road (BW,PL)
Magnolia Mountain(JK)
El Paso (BW)
Muli Guli (PL,BW) *new song
Tons Of Steel (BW,PL,JK)
No More Do I (JK)
Two Djinn (BW)
Come Together (BW)
China Cat Sunflower(JK) >
I Know You Rider (BW,JK)

Caught the first Muli Guli!!!!

rippin picasso>brown eyed (cant believe i wrote that), mag. mtn (ryan adams) is a great tune. tons of steel was quite odd. nice jams out of two djinn and come together. china>rider rocked. 5 rows back...killer. Interesting to see them work thru different verses with diff arrangements. Bobby is frightening. He looks like 20 year old irish wolfhound (140 in dog years). black eyes, scraggly hair, his stache is so big you cant even see him sing. He started el paso with the pink "daisy dukes strat" and yelled "wait a minute...hold on now...." looked like he was having a flashback...proceeded to switch axes and head for west texas.

What makes the music fun again is the drummer and guitarist. Russo is an up tempo monster and JK shreds. Pretty cool experience.

Thanks for the list and review.....just for the record, that was the second time they played the new tune. I read that it's bouncy/rockin and it reminded someone of Pride of Cucamonga.... I believe they did it as the first of a 2 song encore one of the nights of the fest.
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby tcsned » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:41 am

Still bummed that they aren't playing anywhere south of PA - what about us folks below Mr. Mason and Mr. Dixon's line???
tcsned

Postby mttourpro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 am

I think whomever said Huly Guly sounded like Pride of C is correct......nice solo from Jeff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsvG_Zq4R0Q
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby tcsned » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:45 am

mttourpro wrote:I think whomever said Huly Guly sounded like Pride of C is correct......nice solo from Jeff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsvG_Zq4R0Q

+1
tcsned

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info