FURTHUR Winter 2010 Setlists

Talk about the recent Tours

Re: FURTHUR Winter 2010 Setlists

Postby ebick » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 am

mttourpro wrote:3/3/2010 Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL

I: Playin in the Band > Born Cross-Eyed > Eyes of the World > Jack Straw > Wharf Rat > Uncle John's Band > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

II: Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, New Potato Caboose > St. Stephen > The Eleven > The Other One > So Many Roads, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower

E: Box of Rain > Johnny B. Goode

If this setlist isn't EPIC, then nothing can be. So let's hear some reviews of this masterpiece.
SS---I hope you caught this one!

I'll chime in here.....

My experience with the Grateful Dead has always been that the set-list is not an indication of the performance. You could hear every tune you wanted to hear and the show sucked. Or you can hear none of the tunes that you wanted to hear, but the show was great. That said, "mundane" would not describe this song selection.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby Viceroy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:12 am

folks, that 2nd chicago show was every bit good as the setlist describes. i was up close both nights, and after the first nite, i was very impressed with the band but maybe not overwhelmed. great song selections, but jk may have been holding back (staying between boundries) at bit more than i hoped. but the 2nd set you could see it all start falling into place. awesome 2nd set.
At the 2nd show, there was no doubt that this band has hit a new level. the energy and enthusiasm of phil and jk were at what seemed to be an all time high. these guys showed up that night with an A game and it showed. it almost seemed as if they rehearsed this show prior. even the extended jams were structured well and at their best. i highly recommend getting a board download of this show. i think this was as close to playing a perfect show as it gets. was it because jk was playing his hometown?
did phil always sing eyes of the world, jack straw, and new potato caboose w/furthur? A+ to all.
jk played so may roads perfect. sounded exactly like jerry. same with wharfrat.
For those not aware, it's been noted that the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago may be the best acoustically sounding theatre in the world. it ranks right there with carnegie hall, radio city and the likes. I think they realized that after the first night and decided to make the 2nd nite special. just my opinion.
new potato caboose>st. stephen (13+ min.)>the eleven>the other one> needs no commentary, we were blessed.
wharfrat>uncle john's>china cat>rider to close the incredible first set( or as it was named at the show, the 3rd set from the nite before) was played flawless. i could go on and on but won't anymore.
i played the lotto this week as a final attempt to see the next upcoming shows.
Viceroy
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby mttourpro » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

3/5/2010 Odeum Colorado, Broomfield, CO

I: Viola Lee Blues > I Need a Miracle, Mason's Children > Bertha, Brown-Eyed Women, Looks Like Rain, Estimated Prophet > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin

II: The Music Never Stopped, The Wheel, Unbroken Chain, Shakedown Street > King Solomon's Marbles, Black Peter > Truckin > Viola Lee Blues > Sugar Magnolia

E: Revolution

3/6/2010 Odeum Colorado, Broomfield, CO

I: After Midnight, Next Time You See Me, Till the Morning Comes, Cumberland Blues > Good Lovin, Magnolia Mountain, Ripple, Sugaree

II: Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion > Bird Song > Alligator > Dark Star > Time > Dark Star > Morning Dew > Let It Grow > In the Midnight Hour > GDTRFB > And We Bid You Goodnight

E: Samson and Delilah
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby mttourpro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:47 pm

3/8/2010 Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR

I: Picasso Moon, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Friend of the Devil, Mama Tried, Built to Last, Black-Throated Wind, Peaceful Valley, Passenger

II: Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain > Hell in a Bucket, West L.A. Fadeaway, Reuben and Cerise, Days Between, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

E: Knockin on Heaven's Door, Touch of Grey

Only ''Black-Throated Wind''
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby amyjared » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:48 am

I've heard wonderful things about this tour and my chance to see them was Monday in Portland, but I can't make shows on weekday evenings anymore (family and work comes first for this former tour rat...) but I must say, I'm glad I didn't go to Portland. Why? Because the one thing I prefer to see from these mutations of the former GD are the songs that I never saw. I LOVE that they're playing all of those songs that Jerry long ago retired and would NEVER touch again and that, imho, should be their focus. I know my opinion might not be a popular one, but no matter how good each line-up is, it's not Jerry and I prefer not to compare them, and with the old songs, I don't have to. I don't know if this makes sense but it's the way I feel. Plus, the last show I saw was at the Gorge and they did Passenger and Days Between and Hell in a Bucket. I much prefer to see Mason's Children, St. Stephen, The Eleven, Doin that Rag, Viola Lee, etc. than seeing Days Between, Picasso Moon, Scarlet/Fire, West LA, China/Rider, etc. even if they're scorching versions...but maybe that's just me...
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby sillydog2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am

You are right Jared, The list was WEAK! Especially for the last night of the tour. We were ripping Bobby for opening with Picasso Moon, I mean really? Then we got a Dupree's, Mama Tired, Built to Last, Passenger among the others, nothing really too crazy there. It felt like a Sunday show (on a Monday) smack dab in the middle of 15 shows. A show where they needed to play these tunes because they were due. Nothing was too great in the first set as far as the tune selection goes, I saw the lists from Denver and Chicago and they were, by far, much better.

All that being said, they were great overall. It really did feel like seeing a Dead show and a lot of people I know who were there, that also went to The Gorge, said this is so much better than last summer's band. The second set was pretty nice with the Scarlet>Fire, China>Rider opening and the set. There was a moment in the final jam of I know You Rider where JK's speak came unplugged or something and he pulled off his guitar and switched to another but when that didn't work, he had his tech guy fix something quickly in the back of his speaker. The rest of the band was chugging along and when he finally got up and running he really ripped a great solo to end the set. Pretty nice moment with that 'train wreck nearly averted' energy that always seems to build things up a little more. Overall I was really glad I went and had a great time despite feeling like you do about the tune selection. Phil said in the donor rap something like We guaranty we will see you again real soon.

Let's play some music....

Rob
sillydog2
tiger
tiger

Postby Good Times » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I saw the 2nd Broomfield, CO show and was just blown away. What a great setlist along with over 3 hours of music. I enjoyed every minutes of this show and can't wait to see them again. :smile:

In contrast, I saw The Dead with Warren in Denver and left that show with the feeling of "I miss Jerry." The Broomfield show was just about the music and a wonderful presentation of it, I might add. :hail: I left the show feeling like I was on cloud nine. I know it wasn't Jerry on stage in Broomfield but I left that show with much the same feeling I had after many of the wonderful summer tour shows of years past. There doesn't seem to be anything "missing". IMHO.
I wish I was a headlight, on a North bound train
I'd shine my light through cool Colorado rain
Good Times
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Chuckles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:40 am

1st set of Phil's b-day streaming here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5401575

Two Souls in Communion? !!
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby Chuckles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:19 am

The 2nd set from Phil's b-day is here. I'm thinking this is Jackie Green singing Scarlet? At any rate, sounds like Bob takes a short solo after whoever the guest is... and it's bloody awful! :roll:

I think we might have a "too many cooks" situation going on here...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5404405
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info