bands to see in bay area

Talk about the recent Tours

bands to see in bay area

Postby st. stephen » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:07 pm

hey all, I haven't been online here for quite some time, just haven't had the time I guess... I'm from Germany, but right now I'm stayin in the Bay Area, in Alameda, and that's why I've gotta question. I'm here for a good month now, been to Southern California as well, it's been fantastic. Now I've got 2 weeks left in the Bay Area and I wonder what to do here as a Grateful Dead Fan... apart from going to Haight Ashbury. As far as I know Ratdog's not playing around here right now... so are there other bands or events I should see in the next 2 weeks? It'd be cool if you know anything... know that I'm here in San Franciso I want at least a bit of the Dead culture before I return To Germany =)
thanx a lot for answers
Could jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
-Homer Simpson-
st. stephen
Mickey
Mickey

Re: bands to see in bay area

Postby deadguise » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:27 am

Howdy, this should be easy; you can check out the Dead Guise at McGrath's in Alameda on the 28th of August. McGrath's is at 1539 Lincoln Ave in Alameda.
P.S. We're playing the week prior at the Bistro, 1001 B Street in Hayward on the 21st. Say High...
deadguise

Postby Highballin' » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:35 pm

I wouldn't miss that. Looks like you will get a Grateful Experience with these guise!
I lived in Germany for awhile. I met a couple of Deadheads down in Bayern, in the Garmisch area.
Dudes hooked me up with a bunch of tapes, I had no music with me. Great times! :smile:
Immer kiffen und sauffen!! :lol:
"...and when your fingers find her she drowns you in her body, carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind..."
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Postby st. stephen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 am

sounds like you had fun in Germany... =)
I'll definitely be there... but I'm 18, will I get in under 21? it sucks so bad that I can't go to bars here in America. :?
Could jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
-Homer Simpson-
st. stephen
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Highballin' » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Hey Bro, or Sister(whatever the case may be) Sorry I didn't get back sooner. But it doesn't matter, because I'm on the other side of the country. I've never set foot in San Fran.
Give it a try, if you have nothing else to do.
Don't tell me that town aint got nothing for you- all you gotta do is poke around.
Viel Glueck! Viel Spass! Machts Gut!

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TALK WITH THE DEAD GUISE ABOUT OFFERING THEM HELP AS A ROADIE FOR THE NIGHT. THIS WOULD MOST LIKELY ENSURE YOUR ENTRANCE INTO THE GIG, AND AMPLIFY YOUR CHANCES OF A GOOD TIME. PEACE!! :smile:
"...and when your fingers find her she drowns you in her body, carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind..."
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info