Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Chimenti and Sylvester

Talk about the recent Tours

Re: Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Chimenti and Sylvester

Postby BuddhaG » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 am

NashvilleMike wrote:Umm...hmmm...the "outliers" are the problem. Extremism, from the right or left, (or anywhere for that matter) is never a good idea. Moderation and clear thinking is...oh fuck it. Nevermind...Let's do a number 1,2,3 and

strumminsix wrote:I could get behind it if it were the libertarians. Restricting gov't to the constitutional limits. What a concept!!!!

Now that's the smartest thing said yet. Smaller government is the key...I don't want your restictions OR your handouts. Just leave me alone government.

What I meant by outlier was people outside the popular mode of thinking... which Libs certainly are...

Now if only the "self-regulating free market" touted to be Boss by the USA was actually what they said it was...
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Postby Emoto » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:15 am

NashvilleMike wrote:
BuddhaG wrote:It surprises me that these guys think that Obama or Boxer or any of these Dems are actually gonna change anything... seems pretty shallow thinking to me... the Dems and the Reps are both part of the same problem... the big changes always come from the outliers...

Why isn't this benefit being played for the Green Party, at the very least? Or to raise money for refugees displaced from their homes as a result of US military action?

Umm...hmmm...the "outliers" are the problem. Extremism, from the right or left, (or anywhere for that matter) is never a good idea. Moderation and clear thinking is...oh fuck it. Nevermind...Let's do a number 1,2,3 and

strumminsix wrote:I could get behind it if it were the libertarians. Restricting gov't to the constitutional limits. What a concept!!!!

Now that's the smartest thing said yet. Smaller government is the key...I don't want your restictions OR your handouts. Just leave me alone government.

I only manage one smart thing a year, so it's all downhill from here. :? :lol:
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby NashvilleMike » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 am

strumminsix wrote:Mike, emoto wrote that, not me.

Sorry...I'm a dick! Ha! :P
HeyI just now found your band site. Cool! I am planning a fun trip to Chicago this summer and will try to coincide it with one of your gigs so we can say hi. BTW which "Nick" are you?
It all rolls into one and nothing comes for free
There's nothing you can hold for very long
And when you hear that song come crying like the wind
It seems like all this life was just a dream
NashvilleMike
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 am

NashvilleMike wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Mike, emoto wrote that, not me.

Sorry...I'm a dick! Ha! :P
HeyI just now found your band site. Cool! I am planning a fun trip to Chicago this summer and will try to coincide it with one of your gigs so we can say hi. BTW which "Nick" are you?

Excellent be sure ya let me know would be great to meet ya face-to-face! Me, I'm the handsome one! HA! The one at the top!
strumminsix

Postby deadguise » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:48 am

It disturbs me to see them endorsing someone like Boxer. Every incumbent needs to be voted out of office.
deadguise

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 pm

deadguise wrote:It disturbs me to see them endorsing someone like Boxer. Every incumbent needs to be voted out of office.

The guy that used to cut my hair had a great political motto for elections: if you're in, you're out. Always voted for the opponent!
strumminsix

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info