Dead Head On Tour STRANDED In Philly

Talk about the recent Tours

Re: Dead Head On Tour STRANDED In Philly

Postby bodiddley » Mon May 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Hornswaggle? Man, I don't think I've heard that term since Colonel Potter was in M.A.S.H. Love it.
bodiddley

Postby strumminsix » Mon May 04, 2009 12:24 pm

I pondered closing this thread or editing out the paypal or something. But the dude apparently is in the scene.
Makes me wonder, however, if one has a laptop, clean enough to be somewhere with free wi-fi, what's up?!

He also posted his plea on Dead.net's forums...
strumminsix

Postby Highballin' » Mon May 04, 2009 12:33 pm

I never did any touring, I don't mean to sound harsh. Like the guy above said, I would be one of the first to offer up some help. For whatever. If you need some cash for your head, or a ride to Chicago, That's if I was standing next to him over there in Phil.PA
I'm not that computer saavy, but how do I know this guy isn't sitting in his house in San Bernardino?
"...and when your fingers find her she drowns you in her body, carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind..."
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Mon May 04, 2009 1:35 pm

are you made out of money? holy shit!
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Highballin' » Mon May 04, 2009 2:16 pm

warrenMFKNhaynes wrote:are you made out of money? holy shit!

No. But I always give a few bucks to wharf rats,for example, as long as they're going to use the money for booze, and not food. 8)
"...and when your fingers find her she drowns you in her body, carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind..."
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Postby gr8fulbluz » Mon May 04, 2009 3:05 pm

interesting just for fun I looked around
Christopher Doyon, Democratic candidate for House District 55 in Maine
here

looks like he didn't win, Not that it is the same person of course.
http://www.politicker.com/maine/12755/maine-house-25-biggest-losers

The Kennebec Valley and Waterville ME and very close to Vassalboro, Maine as in the profile.
I dunno :-?

I have given many a ride to someone going to the next show or home after the 'last show'
. . .Ah Well
good luck :drink:
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby tigerstrat » Mon May 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Highballin' wrote:

No. But I always give a few bucks to wharf rats,for example, as long as they're going to use the money for booze, and not food. 8)

Huh? Perhaps you didn't realize that the term "Wharf Rats" has for many years been used to refer to Deadheads that have quit drugs and alcohol...?
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Highballin' » Mon May 04, 2009 4:02 pm

tigerstrat wrote:
Highballin' wrote:

Huh? Perhaps you didn't realize that the term "Wharf Rats" has for many years been used to refer to Deadheads that have quit drugs and alcohol...?

No I had no idea. I was using it in the sense of the lyric, from the song. I didn't mean deadheads anyways, I meant the winos I frequently encounter driving truck around Buffalo.
I just found out they call the parking lot Shakedown St. too. I'm not up on terminology.
Highballin'
Jester
Jester

Postby jlg327 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Yup - the Wharf Rats used to have a bunch of yellow balloons to signal their meeting place at the shows. They'd provide support for other heads who were trying to stay sober. If you see a yellow Wharf Rats bumper sticker, that's a sober head. I have thrown them a couple of bucks when I've seen them because I think what they're doing is a great thing. Only the Dead could have an audience (1) that required its own support group and (2) had enough people who cared to start one!
jlg327
Brent
Brent

Postby ebick » Mon May 04, 2009 5:21 pm

......and hats off to those who are successfull......it's got to be so very hard.......programs like AA and NA, they are not around "it"......and they encourage you to not put yourself in a position where you are around it.........it would be so easy to get off the wagon at a Dead concert.
Ed

First Show - 5/5/77
Last Show - 3/28/93
ebick

Postby tigerstrat » Mon May 04, 2009 5:59 pm

ftr, I've never called the lot "Shakedown St" ... that's for newbies :lol: . Besides, some people also used to call it Minglewood...
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby RiverRat » Mon May 04, 2009 6:23 pm

ebick wrote:......and hats off to those who are successfull......it's got to be so very hard.......programs like AA and NA, they are not around "it"......and they encourage you to not put yourself in a position where you are around it.........it would be so easy to get off the wagon at a Dead concert.

Nothing like being around "IT" to make you know why you need to stay away from "IT"...

You may not get on the wagon at a show... But you can stay on it!

2 Years next month!
RiverRat

Postby myoung6923 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:11 pm

tigerstrat wrote:ftr, I've never called the lot "Shakedown St" ... that's for newbies :lol: . Besides, some people also used to call it Minglewood...

Absolutely - me neither...
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby jackr » Tue May 05, 2009 4:07 am

RiverRat wrote:
ebick wrote:......and hats off to those who are successfull......it's got to be so very hard.......programs like AA and NA, they are not around "it"......and they encourage you to not put yourself in a position where you are around it.........it would be so easy to get off the wagon at a Dead concert.

Nothing like being around "IT" to make you know why you need to stay away from "IT"...

You may not get on the wagon at a show... But you can stay on it!

2 Years next month!

Cant say I agree with that. Being around "it" is an unnecessary risk and not a reminder. I dont know how bad off you were but I got to assume it wasnt good for you if you haven't picked up for 2 years. Its a serious and deadly business and not to be played with. I just passed 22 years and I stay away from it whenever possible. Even if there is only a 1 in a million chance that I may pick up again. To me it is not worth the risk of losing all I have built over the last couple of decades.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby tigerstrat » Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am

QUITTERS!

I say that with deep respect AND sarcasm. Also, some call people who dance a certain way "spinners"; I call them "eye-gougers".
tigerstrat

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info