Set List Picking Order

Talk about the recent Tours

Set List Picking Order

Postby BuddhaG » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 am

Does anyone know the order in which the boys have been picking set lists?
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Re: Set List Picking Order

Postby Chuckles » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:59 am

I'm under the impression that different bandmembers are writing different setlists for different nights, possibly on their own or possibly with input from one or more onther members. It is not a "pick 'em as you go" like so many shows in the old days... tho it may evelve into that as they cover all the material they have rehearsed.

My basis for this is both mttrourpro's report that Billy wrote one of the Woostah (I think) lists. And I had a friend hanging at the board for the DC show and was testing me each tune before it was played - think it was a Mickey/Phil list.
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby mttourpro » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 am

The reason I said Billy wrote the Buffalo list is because he was interviewed (on Sirius I think) and said he was writing the list for Buffalo---that it was his turn. I think he said Phil wrote the prior show's list...so, I don't know the "order" or if there even is an order...but, if there is and they all take a turn (assuming only the core 4), Phil's next turn would be MSG and then first night of Philly. Just my guess, but I think it goes Bob, Phil, Bill, Mickey from the start---so, if correct, Bob will write Nassau and Phil will do MSG. They will crush the garden and Philly no doubt.

IMHO, I'll take a Phil list every day, but also have to give Bob credit for that NC show assuming he wrote it......perhaps still the nicest of the tour so far (maybe cause I was there??). I also think the first 3 shows had the best selections by far compared to every show after those. They're looking a little more pedestrian as the tour rolls on.

BTW, the big rumor is that Donna will be in Philly for Friday night's show---she is in fact playing AFTER the show in Philly. And Branford will be in Nassau too.
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby FretfulDave » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 am

I heard the same interview, MT. On Sirius. Spot on. It was funny to hear Billy catch himself being silly and then straighten himself out for a "serious" interview. :lol:

Donna rumor for the show I am going to. Nice :smile:
The river keeps a talkin'
FretfulDave
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:12 pm

FretfulDave wrote:I heard the same interview, MT. On Sirius. Spot on. It was funny to hear Billy catch himself being silly and then straighten himself out for a "serious" interview. :lol:

Donna rumor for the show I am going to. Nice :smile:

((((((((((((((( tom dude needs a miracle ))))))))))))
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby mttourpro » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:01 pm

You'll NEVER get one sittin at home Jedi.

Got in for 40 in Buffalo----nice seats too.
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Makes sense that Phil would arrange it so he can write MSG... he raves about it a couple of times in his book. I'm really glad that I got to see the Phil show, if this really is true!
Rusty the Scoob

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info