new grateful dead tour?

Talk about the recent Tours

new grateful dead tour?

Postby kenneybonz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:37 am

i just saw that dead for obamma thing with east coast october show and possibly summer 09 tour..
alls I can say is, about damn time!
and I'm psyched to hit either pitt or philly for a show....
i can't agree with their politics, but that's what makes the world go round..but i'd love to see a show or two.. AND a tour..
not that i haven't loved the phil bobby and so on stuff.. it's been grate..
but a tour.. alright.. :D
Hipsters, Tripsters, real cool chicksters, Everyone's doin' that rag.
kenneybonz
Billy
Billy

Postby High Peaks » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:40 am

I saw this too, and am pysched!!1 I am also a big Obama supporter, so even though i understand everyones problem with the boys( post jerry) using their music for politics, i personally am happy that they are using their influence to maybe get some people on board who wouldn't usually vote. Most americans are sheep anyway, so if that means a couple Heads vote for Obama because of this, i am fine with that. If McCain gets elected we are all fucked!!!!
High Peaks

Postby krzykat » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:46 pm

I hope its in Philly (little closer) but if there is a tour I am SOOOOO THERE!!!!
krzykat

Postby pappypgh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:57 pm

PITTSBURGH! PITTSBURGH! PITTSBURGH!!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby jonarobb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:14 pm

I just pray it's not with Warren Haynes.
jonarobb

Postby spacehead333 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:16 pm

It says it is with warren
steal your face right off your head
http://www.myspace.com/reelfootmusic
spacehead333

Postby jonarobb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:22 pm

spacehead333 wrote:It says it is with warren

That's too bad. I haven't seen that it's Warren Haynes confirmed but I see the chatter around the community seems to think it is as well. I can't think of a bigger moodkill for what could be a truly monumental reunion.

With so many truly talented Jerry-esque guitarists on the planet, you'd think the boys would satisfy the masses finally and put together something that sounds like the Good Ol' Grateful Dead.

I'm so burnt on Warren's Les Paul & Soldano tone.

Please don't get me wrong. The guy is super talented. But those distorted pentatonic runs do no service to The Grateful Deads catalog....
Last edited by jonarobb on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonarobb

Postby acidrain30005 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Whats your beef with Warren man?
"Carl! Go take your bath!"- Jack
acidrain30005
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby jonarobb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm

acidrain30005 wrote:Whats your beef with Warren man?

Tone for starters. Vocals as well.
jonarobb

Postby pappypgh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Warren would be better than Jimmy, IMO....

Warren can get the touch when he wants to. Jimmy is always on "full throttle" (at least the 10 times or so that I've seen him - and on every boot I've heard with him). The 2 of them together (to me) gets way out of control. Warren's got great chops and touch, like I said - but he uses that damn Auto-Wah, or T-Wah bullshit and it does NOT belong when the boys are playin' Shakedown....it sounds SO rookie for such a great player, IMO. I wouldn't be upset to see Warren there.

I would LOVE to see just Bob, Phil, Mickey, Billy & Bruce. That'd be a great 1st set - then bring out Karan or Warren. :cool: :cool:
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby hotasaPistol » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:32 pm

Great that a tour is in the works
Pretty sad that they are getting political.

What happened to staying out of politics.
That is one thing that I always admired about the whole grateful dead muscic scene that everyone no matter who or what you were was welcome.
I don't like musicians or celebrities endorsing any candidate. What makes their opinion so great and important.

So hopefully a tour will come out of this
but Fuck Obama....he is pulling the wool over everyones eyes..what has he ever done except hang out with known terrorists and radicals that want to bring down our country..McCain isn't my favorite either....and as Jerry said picking the lesser of two evils is still evil....sad... sad...sad....
hotasaPistol
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby pappypgh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:34 pm

jonarobb wrote:
spacehead333 wrote:It says it is with warren

That's too bad. I haven't seen that it's Warren Haynes confirmed but I see the chatter around the community seems to think it is as well. I can't think of a bigger moodkill for what could be a truly monumental reunion.

With so many truly talented Jerry-esque guitarists on the planet, you'd think the boys would satisfy the masses finally and put together something that sounds like the Good Ol' Grateful Dead.

I'm so burnt on Warren's Les Paul & Soldano tone.

Please don't get me wrong. The guy is super talented. But those distorted pentatonic runs do no service to The Grateful Deads catalog....

I understand what you're saying about the tone thing. And, I agree w/ the vocals. Way to bring me down on Warren. I played w/ the guy ONCE - many years ago after my old band opened for Gov't Mule in Philly...now, I don't know...I think I might agree with you and recind my previous post!

BUT - I would NOT want a "Jerry-esque" guy like Kimock, either. Robben Ford would be a sick choice, IMO - but it'll never happen.
www.theCAUSEjams.com

pappypgh

Postby jonarobb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:34 pm

I certainly don't want to seem like too much of a whiner. I'm psyched for the reunion but I pass on alot of stuff that involves Warren.

With that said it's going to be absolutely INCREDIBLE to see Bobby, Billy, Phil & Mickey together once again.

:cool:
jonarobb

Postby pappypgh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:35 pm

hotasaPistol wrote:Great that a tour is in the works
Pretty sad that they are getting political.

What happened to staying out of politics.
That is one thing that I always admired about the whole grateful dead muscic scene that everyone no matter who or what you were was welcome.
I don't like musicians or celebrities endorsing any candidate. What makes their opinion so great and important.

So hopefully a tour will come out of this
but Fuck Obama....he is pulling the wool over everyones eyes..what has he ever done except hang out with known terrorists and radicals that want to bring down our country..McCain isn't my favorite either....and as Jerry said picking the lesser of two evils is still evil....sad... sad...sad....

DON'T FUCKING GO THERE, BROTHER. You have NO idea what you're talking about or who is in this forum. Stop and leave it, or this will - I promise - get ugly.
www.theCAUSEjams.com

pappypgh

Postby acidrain30005 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Yeah I really think Bruce should do it as well. But I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy and Warren again but I see where youre coming from. But maybe Karan could do it again idk. I like em all.
"Carl! Go take your bath!"- Jack
acidrain30005
Terrapin
Terrapin

Next

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info