When will your next show be???

Talk about the recent Tours

When will your next show be???

Postby mgoshey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Sign this petition and maybe we'll see you at one soon!

http://petitionthedead.com
mgoshey
welcome
welcome

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Of course I'd love to see those guys all together again, who wouldn't?

However,I can not sign petition that ask anyone to do anything that they don't wish to do.

If on their terms they decide to do a show, some shows, or a tour: the music and the vibe would great, if they do because they feel like they have to... I don't know.

Music as is life, is usually enjoyed best on one's own terms.
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Postby astroman99 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:44 am

I saw Phil ion Roch on Saturday, great show, Jackie Greene is really stepping up...
I hope to see Mickey on friday with Kimmock and George Porter Jr, Kimmock with no other guitarist or melody players, and almost no vocals = a whole lot of guitar ... I hope
astroman99

Postby Emoto » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:36 am

I saw Phil on 6/21 in Boston. Very good show. Whenever he makes it to the area, I will see him again. I would go see Mickey, but I don't care for Bobby on his own; he bores me to tears. Sorry.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby Pete B. » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 am

Ramblin' Rose! 7/31
Pete B.

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 am

/4 days! Scarlet Mountain this Saturday! 7/19!
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:56 am

Pete B. wrote:Ramblin' Rose! 7/31

right on, Pete!

Next show I attend will be NW String Summit this Fri-Sun. super-psyched for the gathering! hopefully hit an Edgefield show too, before summer ends ...
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby pappypgh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04 pm

www.pghblues.com

The 14th Annual Pittsburgh Blues Festival

Friday, July 25 - Sunday, July 27

theCAUSE kicks off Sunday's music at 1:30 pm followed by Southern Culture On The Skids!!!!

Benefits The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank

TAJ MAHAL SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

www.theCAUSEjams.com
www.scots.com
www.pghblues.com
www.pittsburghfoodbank.org
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby krzykat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:45 pm

next show I'm going to is Mule on the 20th, Mark Kopfler on the 23rd, then the vibes from the 31st till the 3rd
krzykat

Postby hobbsy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:04 am

Next show for me: 10 KLF and i'm looking forward to seeing phil and mickey w/ their respective bands. and i'm really looking forward to seeing jackie greene and steve kimock play with each. saw ratdog and the mule in seattle and bobby is really going for it. highlights included a help/slip opener and a very jerry standing on the moon.

i'd love to see the boys together again but i just don't think it's gonna happen. now they have their own bands and office people and sound guys and roadies to take care of and it's not just about whether or not they want to get back together (which i'm not real sure they do) but now the logistics are getting really complicated. as we all know the dead often needed/should've taken time off (for jerry's health) and not tour but they had a lot of people to take care of and really couldn't in good conscience take that much time off. Hell, they never even made all that much money considering their overhead and a lot of the time it was just to pay studio bills or even house payments.

Having said that, i sincerely wish you good luck with the petition, i signed it and hope that i am proven very wrong.... :smile:
hobbsy
Brent
Brent

Postby acidrain30005 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:08 pm

I'm gonna see Phil with the Black Crowes on October 5 at a new amphitheater. I'm really looking forward to it. :cool:
"Carl! Go take your bath!"- Jack
acidrain30005
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info