I saw Billy last night

Talk about the recent Tours

I saw Billy last night

Postby Dozin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:39 pm

...and it ROCKED! I found out about 10 yesterday morning that Bill was playing 20 minutes from my house with Oteil and Scott from Max Creek. I almost flipped. I like Max Creek a lot. I'm really happy for Scottie. Talk about being rejuvenated! I knew he was a good guitar player but my word, I never saw him play guitar like he did last night,.. I mean he tore it up. (They played tore up last night too!) He was hanging with Oteil like two pees in a pod. One minute he was playing mad Bobby licks and rhythms to signature Jerry runs, phenomenal! Billy is Billy, a driving machine that still doesn't miss a beat. What a Trio!!! The crazy thing about this was there was only maybe a 150 people in the place. That's all it could hold. Billy was chatting with us from behind his set. It was a very very cool night.

Anyway I had lots of fun and can't believe I almost miss this one.

Check out the Boston Herald write up
http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view.bg?articleid=1098185
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Too Cool!!

:cool:

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby milobender » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 pm

:smile: :smile: :smile:
I'm completely envious :-) ... I'd love to see him play again. Do you know if they'll be in the Denver/Northern Colorado area? I haven't heard of Max Creek, or the two guys playing with him.

Brian
IO Custom Guitars
http://www.9mileskid.com
Everything we know is wrong...
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby willmusic » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I'm sad to have missed them in VA. I wanted to go soo bad! Love Billy K (obviously), have dug Oteil's stuff with both Aquarium Rescue and ABB, and Max Creek..I've seen em a buncha times. I really hope it wasn't a one-time tour!
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info