The dead are touring again?

Talk about the recent Tours

Postby frankielee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:20 pm

Personally I would love to see the remaining members get together again...missed it last time around...saw bobby the other nite in san fran and had a great time listening to graet timeless music...nothing like a live show to "rock my soul"
"Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road."
frankielee
Jerry
Jerry

Postby CaptainTrips » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:31 pm

strumminsix wrote:Wow, what hypocrisy and irony...

People saying let it go. Others hoping for a tour.
Still others felt let down by TOO or Dead.

What's wrong with hoping for a reuinion?

Why get over it?

Why hope it's a flashback to the glory days?

Why not love it for what it was?

hypocrisy - a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion.

I assume you are mistaken in your word choice. Just cause different people have different opinions . . . that does not a hypocrite make.
CaptainTrips

Postby warrenMFKNhaynes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:39 pm

I only saw 10 shows after brent died 90 91. none of them could compare to a show with brent. I went to Alpine valley for the Wave that flag tour. I wasnt that impressed. the best part was Warren and Jimi.

I've posted this following statement and I'll post it again

The the remaining members of the dead will never play something that they did with jerry that will even come close to how they did it back then.

Bobby cant sing Standing on the Moon

Phil cant sing Wharf Rat

There jams are completely lost with out jerry

that statement is coming from 283 shows with jerry
82-92.
warrenMFKNhaynes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Larree » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:25 pm

Oh yeah. Joan. the Dead would have sounded great on "What if Dog Was One of Us?" That Motown band was the bomb. I danced my ass off for their set.

I would play with them if they wanted to try out some new stuff. I mean, playing the same old tunes I heard at shows 30 years ago would be kind of cool, but I think we would need some new songs. Perhaps a new studio album.
<A HREF="http://iacmusic.com/Stations/KIAC1593.htm" target="_blank">Click here to listen to my music, or add my music to your own website for free!</A>
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby strumminsix » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:48 pm

CaptainTrips wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Wow, what hypocrisy and irony...

People saying let it go. Others hoping for a tour.
Still others felt let down by TOO or Dead.

What's wrong with hoping for a reuinion?

Why get over it?

Why hope it's a flashback to the glory days?

Why not love it for what it was?

hypocrisy - a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion.

I assume you are mistaken in your word choice. Just cause different people have different opinions . . . that does not a hypocrite make.

Telling people to get over it cuz Jerry is gone but these same people being unable to get past a desire of the remaining boys to get together is hypocritical.
strumminsix

Postby Pigpen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Its not trying to regain what once was, we recently had a discussion that Bobs itchin to play some dead as shown through his "Jercentric" sets. Id love to see them together, of course its not the same thing but it would nice to see them instead of DSO. Need a strong central guitar though..
Simple enough
Pigpen
Billy
Billy

Postby Larree » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:20 am

Pigpen wrote:Its not trying to regain what once was, we recently had a discussion that Bobs itchin to play some dead as shown through his "Jercentric" sets. Id love to see them together, of course its not the same thing but it would nice to see them instead of DSO. Need a strong central guitar though..

Like I said. Anytime the boys want to jam... :smile: :D
<A HREF="http://iacmusic.com/Stations/KIAC1593.htm" target="_blank">Click here to listen to my music, or add my music to your own website for free!</A>
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Larree » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:24 am

Hey! They need someone like me who can whoop their old, rockin' asses into shape. I grew up in Hollywood. A celebrity is just another cockroach who wants to steal my parking space.
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Larree » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:25 am

We can call the new album, 'BACK FROM THE DEAD!'
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Mick » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:31 am

My recollection is that Bob and Phil were on opposite sides of the Doug Irwin guitar thing. I have no idea if that generated any lasting animosity. Wasn't one of the "The Dead" things after that was settled?

If Bob, Phil, Bruce, Bill and Mickey came to MSG, I would buy a ticket, no matter what they called themselves, and I think I could keep a relatively open mind to what they played and judge it for what it is. I wouldn't say I sit around hoping for some sort of "reunion" though.
Mama Mama many worlds I've come since I first left home.
Mick
Jerry
Jerry

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:15 am

Is this thread even based on anything?? ...hearsay even? or is this just sort of fantasizing out loud?

I haven't heard word one about a GD reunion, but I would most likely not go unless it was very close to home and if they didn't add more than ONE guitarist and ONE keyboardist to the mix.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Larree » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:12 pm

tigerstrat wrote:Is this thread even based on anything?? ...hearsay even? or is this just sort of fantasizing out loud?

I haven't heard word one about a GD reunion, but I would most likely not go unless it was very close to home and if they didn't add more than ONE guitarist and ONE keyboardist to the mix.

This thread is based on the name of the forum itself. It made me laugh. Grateful Dead Tour Info! But seriously, I would let them audition for me. Heck. I need to be sure they can still cut it before I commit.
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Larree » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:05 am

Oh, come on. Don't be like that! I used to let the boys know when they were slackin' at shows all the time. They can take it. Seriously, I think I can whip them back into shape.

Bobby! Phil! Sticks and Skins! Rehearsal time, brothas! I'm bringing in my bro Bill on keys. You'll like him. He falls off the piano bench a lot.
Larree
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info