is it completly inconceivable

Talk about the recent Tours

is it completly inconceivable

Postby jjbankhead » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:12 pm

to expect another The Dead tour?

i have heard all sorts of rumors about Bob and Phil not getting along, about herring not wanting to tour with them anymore, and all sorts of other stuff. I know most of the guys have side stuff going on, but i would (as i expect many others here would) like to see some semblance of the bad reunited. I have enjoyed the PNF shows i have seen but its not the same.

well i have been waiting and its going on three years now since my last dead show and i hoped someone here knows more about the situation. dead.net (i honestly have not been checking it much lately as their boards keep changing and i lose my account) has no info and i am tired of rumors.
jjbankhead
Mickey
Mickey

Postby revned_04 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:44 am

I hope this rumor isnt true, but kinda related, when will phil tour again?
revned_04
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby lostsailor8782 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:35 am

Phil's playin in New York April 9th and 10th
I only smoke it when I am awake... I promise
lostsailor8782
Bear
Bear

Postby confusions_prince » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:17 am

As I said last month, it doesn't look inconceivable, just very unlikely at present. Might be more like a reunion SHOW rather than a tour.
"More then ever, the world needs love and the Grateful Dead!" -Vince
confusions_prince
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby justcoophere » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:27 pm

I have been thinking about this for some time: I would really like to see the band tour with John Kadlecik of DSO playing lead. I have enjoyed seeing P&F as well as Ratodg over the last years..They are great.....but I could honestly go for seeing the band tour with Kadlecik. At this point in time; Would it be a sell out? Not from where I'm standing. Kadlecik, has put so much effort into DSO (and it works!) I would be willing to bet that he would be received warmly for many different reasons. I'm sure its been mentioned before, but it was on my mind.
justcoophere
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby jjbankhead » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:48 pm

i think if they played with a different guitar player every show it would still be fun to see them all together.

i really hope if they do something as a reunion show its in SF or Mountain View not in VA or NY... (no offense but the left coast just seems to get left out of the festival scenes and tours lately)

anyway if there were some way to get a petition together to show the guys we would like to see them again i'd sign it...
jjbankhead
Mickey
Mickey

Postby brainflossrhythm » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Not too long ago they were at Bonnoroo, I saw Bob this year, but he wasn't with what's left of the dead, he was in 04 though. there's a video and all.
brainflossrhythm
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info