Ratdog in Chicago?

Talk about the recent Tours

Ratdog in Chicago?

Postby racerits » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:35 pm

Anyone going to see Ratdog this coming Friday in Chicago? After reading all of these posts on here I thought it would be neat to meet people. See ya
racerits
Vince
Vince
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 pm

Postby strumminsix » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:57 pm

I'm and strongly considering....
Where are you from?
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Postby racerits » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:42 am

I live on the northwest side of Chicago, Jefferson Park. Strumminsix you are in Mars Hotel Band right? I am 29 totally into the dead but have few friends that I can share my enthusiasm with. Just want to meet some local heads to BS with.
racerits
Vince
Vince
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 pm

Postby strumminsix » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:25 am

racerits wrote:I live on the northwest side of Chicago, Jefferson Park. Strumminsix you are in Mars Hotel Band right? I am 29 totally into the dead but have few friends that I can share my enthusiasm with. Just want to meet some local heads to BS with.


What's up bro? Yes I am. I play Bobby with them. Ya, being a deadhead can feel lonely at times when you are the mood to hear "good music"!

You should trek on up to our Halloween show!

I'm still pondering RD. Are you going for sure?
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:56 am

Fellas,

If anyone does go the Rat Dog show please hook us up with a review. I saw a few nice Rat Dog shows back when he started the band in '95. I actually met Bobby on 12/1/95 in Salt Lake City at the Rat Dog show. It was my birthday. And talking to him was one of the great experiences of my life. I haven't seen the band in recent years but want to check them out. But if the show and band sound good, I will definitely go see him here in south Florida when he comes in November. We get absolutely nothing as far as good music so it would be nice to go check them out. Let us know. Thanks.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
User avatar
Crazy 9.5 Fingers
Senior Member
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:14 pm

Postby shakedown_04092 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:59 pm

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:Fellas,

If anyone does go the Rat Dog show please hook us up with a review. I saw a few nice Rat Dog shows back when he started the band in '95. I actually met Bobby on 12/1/95 in Salt Lake City at the Rat Dog show. It was my birthday. And talking to him was one of the great experiences of my life. I haven't seen the band in recent years but want to check them out. But if the show and band sound good, I will definitely go see him here in south Florida when he comes in November. We get absolutely nothing as far as good music so it would be nice to go check them out. Let us know. Thanks.


Do yourself a favor and GO SEE RATDOG.

I've seen RD over the past few years and have had the privlage to watch the band grow into quite a project.

I've always liked them being a big Bob fan, but I felt that when Bob started it back in 95 and through 2003 or so it was always a little "clunky", to an extent.

Since he's added Kenny (sax) & Robin (bass), the band has REALLY come together, a very solid performing group. It really is incredible - I'm willing to bet an rukind pick that you'll be blown away. The music is tight, and Bob has even changed some things up that make the experience really unique, such as throwing in acoustic songs you might not expect to hear played acoustic, and also putting more music/stanzas/jams in between verses, which really adds character to the songs. It's like he's reinventing them all over again. It's pretty funny sometimes, too, because where there use to be a verse, Bob will hold off for a measure and the crowd won't be expecting it, and you can hear the whole crowd start to sing along to the verse, but Bob just sits back and comes in on the next measure instead, to the delight of the audience.

What's also nice is to see that Bob has found the newfound energy and looks totally invigorated by what Ratdog is doing and where they're going, and the newfound "possibilities" of both.

I strongly reccomend you go see them - you WON'T be dissapointed. I promise!!!
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby racerits » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:29 pm

strumminsix wrote:
racerits wrote:I live on the northwest side of Chicago, Jefferson Park. Strumminsix you are in Mars Hotel Band right? I am 29 totally into the dead but have few friends that I can share my enthusiasm with. Just want to meet some local heads to BS with.


What's up bro? Yes I am. I play Bobby with them. Ya, being a deadhead can feel lonely at times when you are the mood to hear "good music"!

You should trek on up to our Halloween show!

I'm still pondering RD. Are you going for sure?


Just got my ticket today. Nothing like paying 34 to RD and 13 to TicketMaster.
racerits
Vince
Vince
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 pm

Postby strumminsix » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:38 pm

Just got my tix!
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Postby strumminsix » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:23 am

Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!

Tonight!!!
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Postby waldo041 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:27 am

strumminsix wrote:Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!
Ratdog!!!

Tonight!!!



MAN! these are the times i wish my band didn't gig as much as it does.

have a good time and please pass a review. :cool:

peace,
waldo
User avatar
waldo041
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 am
Location: Indiana

Postby racerits » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:47 pm

I will be there tonight! See you all.
racerits
Vince
Vince
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 pm

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:48 am

Reviews of last nights show anyone??? Nice looking setlist, got some newbies in there, I see....
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby shakedown_04092 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:48 am

Reviews of last nights show anyone??? Nice looking setlist, got some newbies in there, I see....
Play music, expand the mind, inspire...

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey" - Japanese poet Kenji Miyazawa

www.myspace.com/heavydime

Image
shakedown_04092
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
Location: Portland, ME

Postby strumminsix » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:25 pm

Band = nice, tight, lookin' happy!
Bobby = lookin' nice and healthy, sounds great!
Robin = sounded a bit like Phil, kinda all over and loud
Mark = fuckin' smoking!
Keys = too low in the mix to hear
Sax = too low in the mix to hear
Drums = just as tasty as can be!

Sound = shitty. The soundguy must have been drunk and stupid. It sounded great the first song and got progressively worse. It was dull, muddy, bassy, could barely hear the vocals, could barely hear bobby's guitar, no sax for 75% of the show, barely keys, no rotary from the organ.

All that said, the firs set was the hottest I've ever seen from Ratdog but it didn't sound like the RD we've come to know. Not in a bad way just is what it is. The second set was rather lifeless until the end and then the encore.

All in all it was a nice show and had a lot of fun! Shoulda had some more energy into the second set!
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago


Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests