Canandaigua

Talk about the recent Tours

Canandaigua

Postby TI4-1009 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:27 am

It was hot (hit 98 on the way there)- and the show was hot. First set was good, second smoked. They hit Electraglide during the Eyes jam- Jeff pushed it there! Phil's bass was pounding all night. Things started to come a little unglued during the Viola Lee jam, but by that point the set was a major success. Loved The Eleven stuck out there all by itself!

One thing I didn't like- there was a lot of very treble feedback (short blasts) all through the show- I think the guy in the center was responsible. Bob was playing a lot of "high register" fill, and I think it was feeding back. Don't know if he couldn't hear it with the ear monitors? but the sound guys should have caught it. Got old pretty quick (and I generally like feedback- the good feedback). Sound at CMAC was a little muddy- particularly the vocals (and we were sitting close to the soundboard).

JK played his beautiful Alembic all night- gorgeous wood, pretty sure it's cocobolo. Bob was on the Gibson for all but one song (strat). Twin fawn Vox' cabs (facing out). CMAC had a video screen that helped see what was going on- except the editing seemed to be random- jumping all over the stage. Pretty sure it wasn't manned by Further people (or maybe even "music" people).

The Wheel keep turning, thanks guys.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Re: Canandaigua

Postby Phil Lesh101 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:37 pm

I thought this show was well worth the 4 hour trip we took to get there! We hit 100*F on the way there on the cars temp gauge! walking down the shakedown street full of venders and smelly people selling cool "Dead" items was awesome! :lol:

"I didn't ask them to misspell anything to prove their authenticity, but I believe they're legit." ~ Rusty The Scoob.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9EGVZio2M
https://archive.org/details/DA2013-10-19
Phil Lesh101

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info