John K Band was ripping last night! (5/11)

Talk about the recent Tours

John K Band was ripping last night! (5/11)

Postby Jon S. » Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 am

Excellent show at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA. Saw tons of Deadhead friends there but no one I know from RUKIND. Anyone else make it? Or catch another recent John K Band show?
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: John K Band was ripping last night! (5/11)

Postby Chuckles » Mon May 14, 2012 10:46 pm

So bummed I missed it. It was my daughter's 16th birthday, so I guess bummed would be wrong, but I wish I could have cought it. I did catch my partner in crime's ustream broadcast though. God, I love this band and the people in it. They're totally not GD, but really jamming. I jam with Larry and Paul occasionally and Katy and Larry have sat in with The Road. They are just the best folks ever. You folks in CO should not miss their gigs at Quixote's.

Jon, shoot me your email; I want to add you to an invite list for a monthly jam I host in DC (are you on FB yet?)
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby gr8fulbluz » Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 am

I missed it as well. I was in philly. I also could not make the 'O' st museum benefit earlier that week, i would have luved too. I have not done anything fun lately.
:cry:
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Jon S. » Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Chuckles wrote:Jon, shoot me your email; I want to add you to an invite list for a monthly jam I host in DC (are you on FB yet?)

No, I'm the local social networking Luddite. :P But I'd love to come to a jam, I'll shoot you my email now via PM. Thanks!
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info