Jonarobb aka Jason Ferguson - personal warning

Chat about Equipment Info

Jonarobb aka Jason Ferguson - personal warning

Postby mars amp repair » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Hello. I know this is an old post, however what needs to be said is of utmost importance regarding Jonarobb aka Jason Ferguson.

Jason is a great amp tech & a wonderful person until he resumes using smack. Jason worked for us here in Denver for 5 months from May 2010 til just recently 10-10. As mentioned, he is very knowledgeable about amps and repairing amps. He was our highest producer.

After about 10-1-10 his behavior & disposition changed quite a bit. Pieces of his past started trickling in from others who had similar experiences with him.

He disappeared from the Denver area on 10-24-10 with a co-worker's van. We were contacted by the roommates he was renting with & apparently he had burglarized them stealing various items. We had also noticed some items missing from our business but had attributed that to some other folks who had access to the items.

His roomies found pawn tickets for all the amps & equipment that was missing from our shop as well as other items that he had pawned that belonged to another music business he was doing repairs for on his own.

We feel sad for Jason as at 43yrs old and numerous occasions of theft & relapses that it's unlikely he'll ever straighten out. After stealing a vehicle & taking it across state lines when they catch up with him, he'll for sure be in prison for many years.

So take this as fair warning, first of all don't deal with junkie's as their first priority is 'the fix' and secondly don't get involved with Jason Ferguson AKA Jonarobb as the monkey is firmly attached to his back & he's only good for about 6 months before it's gets the best of him. Ultimately we are very sad for him, however...BEWARE THE JUNKIE. He has hurt & affected many good intentioned folks here. One can only imagine how many others there are in total for his entire using life.

If you have any information regarding his whereabouts, Please contact the Littleton, Sheridan, Denver, or Jefferson County police in Colorado. They are looking for him. Please feel free to e-mail me directly: glen@marsamprepair.com
mars amp repair
welcome
welcome

Re: Jonarobb aka Jason Ferguson - thief & junkie

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Man that sucks for him and you(all). There are so many effective ways to live with this disease, and not act like that. He is choosing this option. Buprenex is a god send for heroin junkies, but he has to want to be clean for that to work. I was under the assumption he was living sober for a while and his past was catching up to him, but all the while he was in relapse, be it managed or not. I think after the last posts about him a month or two back, most people that understand addiction knew to look elsewhere for amp help. The ones that root for the underdog I am sure kept on giving the benefit of the doubt. It is kinda sad addicts have to pray on those that will give a down and out guy a chance, AKA good hearted people. I hope he gets some time soon to sort out his life and get straightened out so he can be the cool guy so many people speak of him as being again. Good luck, I hope you can get your stuff back.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby Laytonco » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:15 am

Hey all,
I am back in Kolkata India for a while in my favorite city in the world and I am reading this now. I am so freakin sad I want to cry. I have known Jason since he moved her in March and love him to death. He was so good to me and my wife and my kids. A true gem. He taught me more in 6 months about the six string than I have learned in years. I am a better guitarist and person for knowing him. This just fing sucks. I am so sorry to all of you who have lost things from his diseased side. And Glen, I will continue to be a great customer for you! And I'm mad as hell that this has gone down. I'm going to Kali Temple Saturday to pray for his soul.

Gil
Laytonco

Postby jackr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 am

I hate seeing these kinds of post that have a subject line like this whether it is true or not. Just doesn't seem to be to "rukind".

Having said that many of us, especially in the Grateful Dead community know first hand exactly what he must be going through. As bad as it is for the guy who gets ripped off by an addict it is much worse for the person in the grip of a totally insidious disease. And no, I am not against the victim, It is bad for everyone. Once its got you, an addict will do anything to get their drugs.

At some point all addicts hit an ultimate bottom and something happens to stop their addiction. Unfortunately, that something is usually death, jails or institution. A rare few make it to the other side and can become production members of society. I know I must sound like an NA book but help is out there and it does work. I am writing that because although jonarobb may not read this there may be someone else on the forum who is struggling. I have seen much much worse cases that what has been described about jonoarobb in multiple posts get and hang on to recovery.

My thoughts will be with jonarobb and hope he gets help before it kills him. This disease has killed most of my friends from my youth, only a small handful have survived, that is how serious this is.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Re: Jonarobb aka Jason Ferguson - personal warning

Postby strumminsix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 am

I edited your title as it is but an accusation, not fact but did no other alterations to your post. It was done in an attempt to keep it from going into a battle.

BTW, I am shocked. When he worked on my amp he said he worked for his own company called "Denver Vintage Electronix".
strumminsix

Postby mars amp repair » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 am

Hello Stumminsix,
OK on changing the title, even though at this point there is no question about it's accuracy. We actually have quite a bit of compassion mixed with disappointment for Jason...HOWEVER the caveat stands.

BTW, the co-worker's van was found abandoned in L.A. , so that's apparently where Jason is...for now. Warnings for all musician's who need gear repaired in L.A. and repair shop owners.

Glen Whatley - Mars Amp Repair.
mars amp repair
welcome
welcome

Postby DeadAhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm going to clarify the situation regarding, Jonerobb. I've known him for many many years. I was a friend of his on tour and one of the few that got to know him very well. He never did anything to me at the time and had no reason not to be his friend. He pulled off this kind of shit long before he got messed up. So there's a lot of history in this and I'm not surprised to hear it.

As far as the addiction goes I understand it myself first hand. I ended up in the same position and it was a daily struggle for me. Luckily, I never ripped off my friends or did anything to land me in prison, but I lied to family members to get money for junk. I will also attest my friends never took me or anyone else for that matter. For the most part people will commit crimes to get money or rip others off to feed their habits. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends are gone due to overdoses. Including my best friend. It's ruined so many lives and yes, it's unfair, because I can't see them anymore. For the friends that are still around and myself, we found it in ourselves to lead normal, productive lives.

The last thing I want is for Jonarobb to go back to prison. When law enforcement catches up with him he's going to be in a shit load of trouble due to several past felony convictions. Most likely, he will do more then several years this time around, but maybe prison will put him on the road to recovery. I don't know what else to say, but I saw it coming not too long ago.

Peace Out All,

DA
Last edited by DeadAhead on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadAhead
welcome
welcome

Postby Laytonco » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:27 am

I prayed for Jaonarobb at Kali Temple and Temple Birli (Krishna) today in Kolkata. I pray for his soul. And to all of us. We are quite a family here and share many of the same dynamics. Peace to all.

Gil
Laytonco

Postby ugly rumor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:56 am

Maybe his "life game" is to end up in prison. Life is choice, for the most part, and when intelligent people make choices that seem to flow in one particular direction, you have to wonder what that person REALLY wants. I have a brother who lives for alcohol. It used to bother me a lot, but eventually I realized that he is one of the very few people I know who is getting out of life exactly what he wants, which is more than I seemed to be able to do. So, each path is for each person's steps alone. And although Jonarrob, like my brother, may make choices that I wouldn't make, I have to allow them the freedom to do so. It is unfortunate that other people have to suffer as a result. Obviously love is missing in the lives of these people...not love for them, but love from them. Perhaps they are unable to have genuine love from the heart, else they could not treat others differently from the way they would want to be treated. We each choose our destinies, and although unforseen occurrences do happen, the ones we have choice over make the final product of who we are, what our character is, and the integrity of our lives.
Gone are the days we stopped to decide where we should go, we just ride...
ugly rumor
Bobby
Bobby

Postby jackr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Once you cross the line between use and abuse, or use and addiction there is not much of a choice anymore. It becomes a disease, a mental disease and a physical need. I dont think any make a choice and says "hmmm, I think i will choose to become a heroin addict (or alcoholic).
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby DeadlyHeptet » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 pm

jackr wrote:Once you cross the line between use and abuse, or use and addiction there is not much of a choice anymore. It becomes a disease, a mental disease and a physical need. I dont think any make a choice and says "hmmm, I think i will choose to become a heroin addict (or alcoholic).

Well, that's like the defense " I committed the crime because I was drunk", as if that precludes you having any responsibility. When you do your first fix, you aren't yet addicted, there is enough evidence that it can lead to a major addiction, yet you made that choice and therein lies your responsibility.

With the "three strikes you're out" rule, sounds like this guy will be going away for a long time. Too bad, but I see a lot of people ripped off and Glen having to make right to his customers for the dirty do that this former employee did to them. Try running a business. It's hard enough without someone coming along and pulling this. I try to be compassionate, but as Ugly Rumor says, this is his choice.
DeadlyHeptet
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby jackr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Well yes, life's outcome ultimately rests on the choices we make, no doubt. I am just saying that at some point the mind doesnt allow the input of good decision choices.

Someone with a mental disorder, as an addiction is, may not think rationally or normally and in the mind of an addict the choices in his head may not be "Should I rob this store or not" in his head the choices may only be "Should I rob the liquor store or the convenience store". The not committing the crime may not even enter the mind.

That is all I was trying to say. And I am surely not defending his action or the actions of an addict. Regardless of the reason there has to be a punishment to fit the crime and a responsibility taken by the addict whether he takes the responsibility or it is thrust upon him by the authorities . I am just trying to share an understanding of it.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby jdsmodulus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:38 am

Dont be DRAINBOW....This is the worst thread ever! :? wannabees!!!.
EDIT F that dude.. this is a kind computer discussion board.
Contact me with a PM if you have a problem.
jdsmodulus

Postby phpbb » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:20 am

I think the point of this thread has been made, it's locked from further discussion.
phpbb

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion