David Nelson w/ Barry Sless

Chat about Equipment Info

David Nelson w/ Barry Sless

Postby mkaufman » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:14 am

I caught the David Nelson Band with Barry Sless, John Molo, Mookie Siegel and Pete Sears last night. Wow! All I can say is check out these guys!

Barry is a great player. He had a Two Rock Sapphire 100 which sounded great. He used it for his guitars & pedal steel. He had a Qtron+ and vintage TS9 pedal, plus others. This Qtron+ was soooo smooth - no harshness at all. It worked great at all frequencies. His TS9 was set with drive off, tone at 11 o'clock and level at 1 o'clock (ie: he was using it as a clean boost). I don't know for sure, however, I think he was front-ending the Qtron with the TS9.

David Nelson had a beautiful wicker Mesa Boogie Mark I combo.

Wonderful night! I may catch them again on Sunday.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Re: David Nelson w/ Barry Sless

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 am

mkaufman wrote:I caught the David Nelson Band with Barry Sless, John Molo, Mookie Siegel and Pete Sears last night. Wow! All I can say is check out these guys!

Barry is a great player. He had a Two Rock Sapphire 100 which sounded great. He used it for his guitars & pedal steel. He had a Qtron+ and vintage TS9 pedal, plus others. This Qtron+ was soooo smooth - no harshness at all. It worked great at all frequencies. His TS9 was set with drive off, tone at 11 o'clock and level at 1 o'clock (ie: he was using it as a clean boost). I don't know for sure, however, I think he was front-ending the Qtron with the TS9.

David Nelson had a beautiful wicker Mesa Boogie Mark I combo.

Wonderful night! I may catch them again on Sunday.

mk

DNB is one of my alltime favorite live acts since catching them at the Grog & Tankard in DC in 1996.Unfortunately they haven't been back to Portland since about 2002, and I haven't seen them since detouring to Sebastopol for NYE 2005.

Ramblin' Rose had the honor of opening for David Nelson Acoutic Trio at Field Trip 2002 near Eugene, OR, where they flew in Mookie as a surprise "guest" and borrowed our (then) drummer Josh for a "nearly-electric" 2nd set that was totally mind-bending.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion