Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Chat about Equipment Info

Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby mkaufman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Of course, it needs a middle pickup and some switches...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

mk
Last edited by mkaufman on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby tigerstrat » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Whatthe...???

Image
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby mkaufman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Looks like it got cut off. Any chance on getting the entire cavity?
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby Chuckles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Yeah... def needs more switches!
:lol:
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
User avatar
Chuckles
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: DC

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby bdhact1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:09 am

I see that you prefer the green metal film capacitors. I like the ceramics...seem to have a little more body. Although, the metal film have more tone sweep. It all depends on your individual taste. Nice wiring job BTW.
bdhact1
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:51 am

bdhact1 wrote:I see that you prefer the green metal film capacitors. I like the ceramics...seem to have a little more body. Although, the metal film have more tone sweep. It all depends on your individual taste. Nice wiring job BTW.


Who are you addressing- is this someone on rukind? Can you tell what all these switches are supposed to do? I can't.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby Grateful Dad » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 am

I think switch #2 activates the disco lights and switch #13 controls the mirror ball's rpm's.....or is the other way around??

:D
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:21 pm

If you get the exact right combination, it removes the clothes of every woman in the bar under 35.
User avatar
Rusty the Scoob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:28 am
Location: Concord, MA

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby bdhact1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:48 pm

tigerstrat wrote:
bdhact1 wrote:I see that you prefer the green metal film capacitors. I like the ceramics...seem to have a little more body. Although, the metal film have more tone sweep. It all depends on your individual taste. Nice wiring job BTW.


Who are you addressing- is this someone on rukind? Can you tell what all these switches are supposed to do? I can't.



Sorry about that. I thought it was from someone from Rukind. Now I see the ebay link.
It looks like in each row there are 2 switches that activate 2 different capacitors for a variation in tone, aside from the Phase and coil cut switches.
But it gets more Bizarre, there are three rows of switches and only 2 pickups.....
bdhact1
Terrapin
Terrapin
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby tigerstrat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:33 pm

bdhact1 wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:
bdhact1 wrote:I see that you prefer the green metal film capacitors. I like the ceramics...seem to have a little more body. Although, the metal film have more tone sweep. It all depends on your individual taste. Nice wiring job BTW.


Who are you addressing- is this someone on rukind? Can you tell what all these switches are supposed to do? I can't.



Sorry about that. I thought it was from someone from Rukind. Now I see the ebay link.
It looks like in each row there are 2 switches that activate 2 different capacitors for a variation in tone, aside from the Phase and coil cut switches.
But it gets more Bizarre, there are three rows of switches and only 2 pickups.....


That's kinda what I was expecting to see, but I'm only seeing two caps total, one for each tone pot.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4628
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:06 am

Probably coil splitters, in phase vs. out of phase, front coil vs. rear coil, etc.
User avatar
Rusty the Scoob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:28 am
Location: Concord, MA

Re: Ok Gearheads - This One's For You!

Postby myoung6923 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:44 am

I think that the right combo is actually the nuclear launch sequence. Very clever of the NSA to disguise it as a guitar!
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
User avatar
myoung6923
Senior Member
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:47 am
Location: South Shore, MA


Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests