Moog

Chat about Equipment Info

Moog

Postby jdsmodulus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 am

Well I jammed with a new keyboard player last night and he had the most amazing collection of Moog products I have ever seen! He lterally had every pedal they make run direct into his Mackie 24, They are all tru bypass pedals and they each sounded incredible. So naturally I asked which one is the "Mutron" It is a lowpass filter mutron true bypass pedal. It sounded dead on!!!! he had an array of new keyboards including the Alesis Andromeoda and a whole rack of Euro effects running through Logic on his mac. This guy is way into Prog, Crimson, Dead, Floyd and such. I just was so surprised by him running almost 20 pedals and rack gear all daisy chained that he got such a great tone. So this thread is dedicated to Moog and and the Moogerfooger family anybody out there have more expeirence with this sutff? I have no idea how he would ever play a show with this rig it took up almost his whole living room, next time Ill take and post pics. Very strange but cool jams. Just was so turned around I had to share! :cool:
jdsmodulus

Re: Moog

Postby RiverRat » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:45 am

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby jdsmodulus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 am

EXACTLY!!!! River Rat! :shock:
jdsmodulus

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:13 am

That just blows my mind. I can barely get my mind around how one could implement a set up like that live. Synth players from that era must have never slept playing and discovering new sounds. Just getting to know all that equipment must take a while and a good memory.

I have been amazed and even perplexed by the "Effectsology" on the EHX site where they use a chain of basic pedals, plus the HOG and/or POG2 to replicate all the popular Moog synth stuff from rock history. These days if one is interested in sounds like this the HOG is a good modern and compact choice for replicating at least some of these sounds.

I also couldn't imagine the investment financially in a full Moog setup, or at least using it in public without insurance. JD- All of this can only wind up being an asset for you and your band, it sounds like he knows how to use it! Brent's rig was pretty involved also, so a good synth pro rig could easily be a monster of things.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby RiverRat » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:47 am

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby Stevo123 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:54 pm

A friend of mine has a guitar made by Moog. It has a TON of bells and whistles on it. One of the features is some magnetic mechanism in the guitar that literally lets you sustain a note forever, and it can do this without the amp even turned on. It also has a pedal that comes with it that lets you sweep through the harmonic spectrum to emphasize lower or higher overtones. I was amazed at how it could bring out these super high frequency overtones. Really cool stuff, but my friend has never taken the time to learn how to actually use the thing to its potential. I think one of the guitar players from Umphrey's has used a similar one.
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion