Gorgeous Ibanez Musician

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Gorgeous Ibanez Musician

Postby keirweir » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:38 pm

That guitar is in amazing condition. Does anyone else think its been stripped and refinished? There has to be some fresh Nitro on there... I want it and I want it now...

:shock:
keirweir

Postby mkaufman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 pm

btw...Alcoreelectric is selling one of the harder ones to find with a master tone control.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby Chuckles » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:36 pm

keirweir wrote:That guitar is in amazing condition. Does anyone else think its been stripped and refinished? There has to be some fresh Nitro on there... I want it and I want it now...

Ya think? I see tons of dings and scratches in the close-up pics... plus the non-original switch Jeff mentioned... That said, I wouldn't kick it outta bed for eating crackers.
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby nabco » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:49 pm

KCJones wrote:This reminds me of the emmaculate 300 I came across in a music store about 7 years ago for about $500. It was in really nice shape and I started shaking thinking I struck gold. I thought I was gonna walk out with a gem for a steal. Until closer inspection revealed that the serial number had been scrapped off. I gently put it down in discust and left never to deal with that music store again. I was certain they knew about the serial number issue as they deal in guitars for a living ... scum bags.

That is sooper righteous K.C. Jones!!! That must have been very hard to walk away from! I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING!!!

Someone had a post on this site recently about being ripped off unloading after a gig, they know what it is like to be robbed, It hurts man especially musical equipment that we cherish so grately.
If you think it is HOT please do not buy it!!!

KC JONES .............. Thank you !!! it is nice to know other people are still thinking about doing the right thing....
nabco
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby mijknahs » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:16 am

What that guitar is going for (on Ebay) is about what I paid for my beloved custom guitar!
mijknahs

Postby myoung6923 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:25 am

That's a nice guitar - I'd love to get my hands on one
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby strumminsix » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:31 am

mijknahs wrote:What that guitar is going for (on Ebay) is about what I paid for my beloved custom guitar!

Agreed, Jim. A good custom can be had for 3,500. I'd do that over a 30 year old Ibanez that I may or may not like.
strumminsix

Postby jkstraw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:36 am

KCJones wrote:It was purposely scratched off. That means it was stolen/Hot. I'm not going to buy someon's stolen guitar or deal with a music store that knownly was selling it.

I have been told that people also blur/blank the serial to stop people from making false theft claims.
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby keirweir » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:52 am

Chuckles wrote:
keirweir wrote:That guitar is in amazing condition. Does anyone else think its been stripped and refinished? There has to be some fresh Nitro on there... I want it and I want it now...

Ya think? I see tons of dings and scratches in the close-up pics... plus the non-original switch Jeff mentioned... That said, I wouldn't kick it outta bed for eating crackers.

At sefcond glance I notice some here and there... But its in amazing condition.
keirweir

Postby Chuckles » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 am

Well, I guess we have differing opinions on what "amazing condition" is, but I'll grant you this... it sure as hell is in better shape than the beater MC300 that just went for $470. Anyone here grab it? Curious to know what's under that plate...
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby jeffm725 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:43 pm

while I did note the non-original switch and there are a ding or 2, I probably am not as tough on this guitar as Chuckles....I actually thing this guitar is incredible condition, ding and switch no withstanding. I have a secret "eye" test when it comes to these Vintage Ibanez guitars and usually the condition of this variable is an excellent indicator on how well the guitar was taken care of over the years. That would be the brass plate that covers the electronic cavity. If the plate still is shiny with few scratches and the Script logo stuff on there is clear and legible, most like this guitar as been babied. This guitar passes that test with flying colors.

Also, Keir, I would bet a bunch of money on the fact that the guitar HAS NOT been stripped and refinned. Mine buffs out exactly like that when all cleaned up. Real quality finishes last forever, and these guitars have fantastic finishes on them.

While Chuckles has a great eye for the dings, you'll probably not come across many in this condition after 31 years!

Here is the plate:
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Imagined Days » Sat May 01, 2010 5:40 am

That ding on the back of the neck would drive me nuts! You would feel it in on the inside of yer thumb/palm everytime you slid past that area, interupting your focus. At least mine, because I tend to obssess about such things. That alone should bring the price way down. That is the worst place for a guitar to have an dent.

Chris
Imagined Days
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Jon S. » Sat May 01, 2010 6:48 am

In my experience, back of neck dings are as ubiquitous as spring flowers and easily addressed in minutes with a dab of super glue or other filler, high grit sandpaper, and a polishing cloth and liquid. Under no circumstances should anyone feel he has to pass on an otherwise fine axe merely because it comes with a small, readily repairable ding. If anyone's tech can't flawlessly handle as simple a repair as this, do it yourself and/or find a better tech.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby jdsmodulus » Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey now well I recently acquired an MC500 (minty) and was wondering about the preamp. I have talked to a few of you off board but still there are some lingering issues. The main issue is what is this called? is it just a Ibanez? Also so how long should the battery last? I found my tone got real distorted and tinny. Now I use the Trio and a crown amp. This has been discussed at length. So I replaced the battery and the tone jumped back. I use a real tube reverb and I like how it sounded with the Strat but now Im adjusting this constantly. I like the top 3 strings EAD but GBE sound almost digital. Just to add, I have never owned a musician, I went through several Artists over the years. Any Musician players out there have any suggestions? or thoughts? Thanks
jdsmodulus

Postby alcorelectric » Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 am

You might need to replace the OP amp.
These seem to be the componenet that fails the most on these boards
T
alcorelectric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion