Dual jackplate for a Strat

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Dual jackplate for a Strat

Postby mgbills » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am

Yea Milo...damn. When I was looking for a polished stainless plate I should've searched the forum more. I'd have sent you the business. I've worked stainless for years, and all my quality tools are at the brewery I no longer work for. Talk about tooling issues. Wouldn't recommend stainless for anyone but those who know how to work it.

JOR was just leaving the business when I was looking & I didn't dig deep enough.

For my part...I'll happily buy stuff from you! The home shop is all woodworking stuff now. Someday I'd like to acquire a high quality benchtop mill, and maybe a small lathe...but it hasn't happened yet.

Peace
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby mgbills » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 am

And 9mile...the Earthship is freakin' awesome!
mgbills

Postby milobender » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks :smile: but I really don't know anything about stainless steel... I buy the mirror finish stuff, and if possible, never scuff the surface, only working the edges. It's really hard to get that finish back with home tools.

I've just gotten a small bench mill, but I haven't really learned to use it yet. I made the tail-piece for the Wolf Inspired quilt top I'm making now, partly with the mill, but it was mainly to hog the excess away, so I could finish it with files and paper :D Would you mind a pm and answering some simple questions about milling?
Brian
Everything we know is wrong...
www.9mileskid.com
milobender
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby mgbills » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Happy to try. I'm not a machinist however. Just a guy who figured the basics out by trial & error. Never used a programmable machine, and most of what I did could be done on a good drill press. I'd eventually like to set one up to do fret slotting (like they do at Taylor), and maybe inlay stuff.

Rather a pipe dream at this point.

Happy to try.
mgbills

Postby joethepainter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:10 am

Hey Gang, here's a dual jackplate that Brian at http://www.9mileskid.com fashioned for my modded strat. Thanks, Brian, it's just exactly perfect! The pic doesn't really do it justice...it fits the look of this axe just right. Real fast turnaruond, too...from initial email to finished product in my hand in less than a week...highly recommended!! Here's a pic, and thanks again, man.
By the way, Brian, that guitar you're building looks freakin awesome! :cool:
joethepainter
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion