Closest single coil to a coil tapped Super 2?

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Closest single coil to a coil tapped Super 2?

Postby Jon S. » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:08 am

As we approach 2 years since Brad's last post, any new thoughts/experiences/recommendations?
I have 2 J-casters. The 1st, until last month, was H-S-H w/a pair of Fralin Unbuckers and a Fralin Steel Pole 43 (9.0K & tapped at 6.0K). The second is H-H-H w/a SD and two Super 2's. While I always dug the tones from my Steel Pole 43, I came around to preferring the Super 2 split and so last month replaced it in that guitar with a Super 2 (& BTW, I was surprised to find that the Super 2 split is not just a little bit more powerful-sounding than the Steel Pole 43, it's substantially more so - I wasn't expecting the difference to be as much as it is - in fact, the Super 2 split can almost hold its own, volume-wise, with the two Unbuckers in parallel). And now that both J-casters have middle Super 2's I'm finding my thoughts turning next to my Reverend Avenger and it's middle single coil, hence this bump.

EDIT: Never mind, I see there's an analogous thread ongoing now in the Jerry section w/the info. I'm seeking. :)
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion