Furthur Gear

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Furthur Gear

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

RiverRat wrote:
jdsmodulus wrote:Why does Phil need so many cabs?

So everyone knows Phil loves David Eden.

4 EDEN D410XLT's... 4000 watts of power handling! He's has 3 WT800's in his rack but he's only running 2 simutaneously... so he'd be maxing out at 1760 watts of power.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/artists/phillesh.asp

That's not even slighly unreasonable IMHO. I run 350 watts into 2 10" speakers and I'm beating it for all its worth on stage even with PA support.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby jdsmodulus » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 pm

playingdead wrote:Bobby's too old to fool with an AxeFX ... there are no knobs ... LOL

The real question is, what's JK using as a preamp? His Super 60 is absent and he's playing through a 2X12 with what looks like E120s.

I've asked Butch, the photographer who shot those photos, to take some rack closeups for us tonight. Cross your fingers.

He was using a H&K preamp and a Vestax 500w power amp and stomps for the last few DSO shows.
jdsmodulus

Postby Duhigg » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Love this thread! Playing...good call on the close up rack pics dude! I like the way JK moded his Carvin by removing one of the active tone knobs and in turn using the hole for his 1/4' efx loop jack. Shh don't tell em' but I'm going to do the same thing to my Carvin DC400 :cool:

Where do you cats get all this info from? I'm floored!
Kindness in the world starts with you!
Duhigg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Laytonco » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Wow, Bob's got a whole studio there. I really wish I could hear him present day guitar into a tube amp. I just cant get passed that. That 335 (or 345 ??) and the Blue Modulus would shimmer!

Peace,

Gil
Laytonco

Postby playingdead » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Listen to the Furthur show from that little club in Mill Valley, Weir into a Vox, period.

And Phil with only TWO 4X10s.
playingdead

Postby RiverRat » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
RiverRat wrote:
jdsmodulus wrote:Why does Phil need so many cabs?

4 EDEN D410XLT's... 4000 watts of power handling! He's has 3 WT800's in his rack but he's only running 2 simutaneously... so he'd be maxing out at 1760 watts of power.

That's not even slighly unreasonable IMHO. I run 350 watts into 2 10" speakers and I'm beating it for all its worth on stage even with PA support.

I don't think so either... I used a David series D115 and a D110 driven by a 800 watt power amp. Unfortunately I rarely got to use it, since it was TOO BIG!

The Meyer CP-10 is still present, between the WT800 and the Wireless receivers in the tilted rack, it used to be below the lowest, unused WT800. This is Phil's old P&F touring rig with Eden Cabs.

Even the folks at Eden drool like Homer Simpson over Phil's rig, check out Lane Baldwin's May 6th Blog entry... http://www.eden-electronics.com/artists ... /index.asp
RiverRat

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:53 pm

jdsmodulus wrote:
playingdead wrote:Bobby's too old to fool with an AxeFX ... there are no knobs ... LOL

The real question is, what's JK using as a preamp? His Super 60 is absent and he's playing through a 2X12 with what looks like E120s.

I've asked Butch, the photographer who shot those photos, to take some rack closeups for us tonight. Cross your fingers.

He was using a H&K preamp and a Vestax 500w power amp and stomps for the last few DSO shows.

H&K BluesMaster. JK was raving about it to me about a year and a half ago. The Vestax is a newer acquisition.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Counterstriker » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:16 pm

What kind of amp does JK use? Is it me or does his sound have to much lows? I like the tone, but compared to his DSO sound.
Counterstriker

Postby NashvilleMike » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:03 pm

playingdead wrote:Listen to the Furthur show from that little club in Mill Valley, Weir into a Vox, period

I'd like to hear that but couldn't find anything posted in the archive or on youtube.
It all rolls into one and nothing comes for free
There's nothing you can hold for very long
And when you hear that song come crying like the wind
It seems like all this life was just a dream
NashvilleMike
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Postby jeffm725 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 am

playingdead wrote:http://otherones.net/photos/2009-12-08s

Definitely an Eleven ... appropriate if they play the Eleven.

Looks like JK is partial to the neck pickup.

Jeff mattson (JK's DSO replacement) also spends a huge amount of time on the neck pickup of his strat
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 am

jeffm725 wrote:
playingdead wrote:http://otherones.net/photos/2009-12-08s

Definitely an Eleven ... appropriate if they play the Eleven.

Looks like JK is partial to the neck pickup.

Jeff mattson (JK's DSO replacement) also spends a huge amount of time on the neck pickup of his strat

While Jeff got brought up, do we know what he is using? It looks like a combo. Model? Speakers? Effects? Strat>OBEL?Buffer?
jdsmodulus

Postby broesau » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 am

What's up with Jay and the Rain Stick? Is he going to bust out a didgeridoo next? Check out pic 38.
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 am

broesau wrote:What's up with Jay and the Rain Stick? Is he going to bust out a didgeridoo next? Check out pic 38.

Didgeridont please !
Tennessee Jedi

Postby keirweir » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:30 am

Looks like JK let his JBL's out to play. This appears to be a different cab than the Oakland shows?

keirweir

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:10 am

RiverRat wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
RiverRat wrote:

I don't think so either... I used a David series D115 and a D110 driven by a 800 watt power amp. Unfortunately I rarely got to use it, since it was TOO BIG!

The Meyer CP-10 is still present, between the WT800 and the Wireless receivers in the tilted rack, it used to be below the lowest, unused WT800. This is Phil's old P&F touring rig with Eden Cabs.

Even the folks at Eden drool like Homer Simpson over Phil's rig, check out Lane Baldwin's May 6th Blog entry... http://www.eden-electronics.com/artists ... /index.asp

Good stuff in there, man, thanks! I've always kinda wanted to switch to Eden since they're made in my home state.. plus they make lots of nice, smooth, clean power.... but SWR gear has treated me very well over the years also so I can't complain. Even one 4x10XLT would make a very nice stage rig.

Good info on the CP-10... looks like a powerful EQ! What's the item underneath with the "I Miss Jerry" sticker?

Even better was learning that Robbie Taylor has been Phil's bass tech all these years. I must now stalk this man.
Rusty the Scoob

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion