boss rc-2

Chat about Equipment Info

boss rc-2

Postby GratefulPat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:09 pm

i was at the local shop today looking at boss rc-2 and rc 20-xl, one being a single one being dual pedals, for those of you who dont know about them. Same basic functions, the bigger(20-xl) being a little easier to work with because there is 2 pedals, was 275, the smaller being 200. i ended up picking one up so i dont have to play along with a cd all the time, now i can play to myself. so far i love it except for the tap tempo feature, i cant get it to be on time, but i think i just need to work with it, or maybe read the directions. anyways, its great for soloing practice, worth buying one for sure.
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

Re: boss rc-2

Postby jackr » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:15 am

I use a Digitech Jamman. Loop pedals are great. Its my best friend!
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby Shuxter » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 am

I googled up these comparison postings:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/arc ... 62754.html
Shuxter
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby old man down » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 am

I compared the two, Boss rc20xl vs. the jamman, and they were identical for the most part. This was from buying both and having them in my house for a few days, together. The thing I didn't like about the Boss was the batteries aspect. I just could never see myself putting all those batteries into it, even though you can go with the AC adapter.

The jamman has the LED number selection so you can see it from standing away from it and with the switch (extra item, that I bought) you can toggle between stored programs. Essentially, you could sound like two guitarists on the fly if you really got good at it.

But what really convinced me about the jamman was that the power adapter fell out of my hand and put a slight nick in the finish, and at that point, with them seeming the same at that time, the jamman won out as I felt I dinged it, so now I own it.

Very pleased with the jamman.
old man down
Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby jackr » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:28 am

I think you made a good choice anyway. What really convinced me is the USB connectivity and the 2 gb CF card. I download backing tracks and convert them to .wav files and put them on the card. You can store hours of music and up to 99 different loops. And you can simply swap out cards if you need more.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby bucketorain » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm

i have the rc2...I wish I had the multi pedal version though, but for the price it was a good deal...
YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA GET STRANGER
www.otrpresents.ca
bucketorain
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion