Various stuff up for grabs ...

Chat about Equipment Info

Various stuff up for grabs ...

Postby playingdead » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 am

Some extra gear, now that I have finally settled on my "perfect" rig ... for now, at least.

Some Dead-ish, some not so much ... all goes up on eBay eventually, or poach it now. Paypal's cool, if you'll pay the 2.5 percent fee they add. And shipping is on buyer, exact total from the UPS store.

Lefty mid-80s American Fender Stratocaster, pewter grey, rosewood fingerboard, got some wear on it, couple of good dings, plays nice, modified with Jerry Garcia style electronics -- DiMarzio Super II pickups and SDS-1, CAE buffer preamp inside, effects loop onboard, etc. $1000 with HSC.

Groove Tubes Trio preamp, mid 90s, brown face, nice shape, modded to put effects mix knob on front panel, sounds terrific, three channels, Clean (blackface twin), Mean (tweed) and Scream (high-gain), or mix Clean and Scream. With footswitch. $725

Musitronics original Mutron III (not the reissue) envelope filter, with original power supply, works perfectly, kinda ugly cosmetically (switches replaced with toggles), personally serviced and approved by Waldo ;-) $280.

EH Q-Tron, kinda beat up cosmetically, $80.

EH Holy Grail reverb pedal, works great, $50.

SIB FatDrive tube preamp stompbox, rare and hard to find, new in the box, $250.

ZenDrive 2.0 pedal, the tube version, awesome overdrive, no waiting list here, as new in box with power supply, $300 (what I paid).

Pedal Pad large pedalboard with power supply and Patch Pad, excellent shape, all cables, etc., $175.

Lefty Frankencaster, Yamaha Strat body with EMG pickups, Kahler Spider tremolo, teal green paint, fantastic John Buscarino quilted maple neck with jumbo frets. Paint body black and this is a heck of a nice axe. $600 with HSC.

Lefty John Suhr Classic Stratocaster, tobacco burst, maple fretboard, SSH, mint condition, beautiful guitar. $2000.

White Coffin guitar case, very good condition, barely used, $80.

Crown 402 stereo power amp, 400 watts per channel @ 8 ohms, or 800 watts bridged into 4 ohms. As new, free dancing bear sticker already applied, $275.

Vox Clyde reissue wah, in box, $115.

Boss DD-6 digital delay, $80.

2-space hard shell rack, $100.

Soft 3-space rack bag, good shape, with rails, $75.

All this stuff is in Boston ...

Vic
playingdead

Re: Various stuff up for grabs ...

Postby playingdead » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Mutron's sold, ya'll ...
playingdead

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Early Bird gets the worm ....
PDEAD
Probably best I didnt spring for it as the wife is up my butt ... been thinking of ways to get this past her ...
I see how they go for $500 + bucks in sweet condition ;this was a good chance to get a working one on the cheap ...
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Anyone looking for a great OD that Zen Drive is where it's for most folks.

I love my Barber LTD SR but if I didn't find that one the ZD was my next choice!
strumminsix

Postby playingdead » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:18 pm

I hear ya, Jedi ... I got a wife, too!

The ZenDrive is pretty awesome ... its' been described as "Dumble in a box," which since Robben Ford uses on live instead of his Dumble, must be pretty accurate.

Between the five tube Egnater modules I have, and the OD-2r in my Jerry rig, I'm just not getting any use out of it now. But it's a nice, warm overdrive that covers a lot of ground. I won't be too disappointed if no one pounces on it.
playingdead

Postby 1960strat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm

I'll take that ZenDrive

David
He's so high he will probably sell it to us for free.
1960strat
Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby playingdead » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Shoot me an email, David ... tigerrose63@yahoo.com

Vic
playingdead

Postby strumminsix » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:01 pm

playingdead wrote:The ZenDrive is pretty awesome ... its' been described as "Dumble in a box," which since Robben Ford uses on live instead of his Dumble, must be pretty accurate.

Between the five tube Egnater modules I have, and the OD-2r in my Jerry rig, I'm just not getting any use out of it now. But it's a nice, warm overdrive that covers a lot of ground. I won't be too disappointed if no one pounces on it.

"Dumble in a box," :lol:

Seriously, that crazy. Oh, my bad. Should say F*&# Dumble. Kidding.

The irony is that Dumble, had re-occurring circuits but the fact of the matter is he designed most of his amps with a player in mind and what that player needed. Some might say it was personalized. Fact, no Dumbles sound alike. He was known for tinkering. Therefore if each amp was different what the hell is a "Dumble in a box"

In my description it is one of the sweetest ODs on the market.

LOL@ I won't be too disappointed if no one pounces on it. I put up a thing or two like that recently...
strumminsix

Postby playingdead » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:11 am

Okay, Mutron and ZenDrive are spoken for ...
playingdead

Postby hogan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 pm

knock 3 stacks off that trio and you've got yourself a goddamn deal. I'm only partially kidding. Please don't tell me you have that much tied up in that thing, it'll make me cry.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby playingdead » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Did I forget to mention it actually belonged to Jerry Garcia? LOL
playingdead

Postby hogan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:35 pm

playingdead wrote:Did I forget to mention it actually belonged to Jerry Garcia? LOL

Who now?
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby playingdead » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 am

Quick update ... ZenDrive, MuTron, Holy Grail, FatDrive, Vox wah and the Coffin case all have been sold.

Still available: GT Trio, Crown power amp, Boss DD-6 delay,Q-Tron, Pedal Pad and all three lefty axes.
playingdead

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion