simple place to find GD gear for sale on ebay

Chat about Equipment Info

simple place to find GD gear for sale on ebay

Postby phpbb » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:22 am

hey all -

I put together this site that lists the gear for sale on ebay that the Grateful Dead used.

http://www.rukind.com/gear

Just wondering if this would be useful to you guys?
Last edited by phpbb on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phpbb

Postby GratefulPat » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:10 am

i would use that all the time... good thinkin :cool:
Comes a time, when the blind man takes your hand and says "dont you see?"
GratefulPat

Postby paulinnc » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 pm

That was a smart idea. Now all we need is to have gear for all the other guys too.
paulinnc

Postby strumminsix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:08 am

kickass! I totally dig it1
strumminsix

Postby China Cat » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:49 am

sweet dude
You do not merely want to be considered the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones that do what you do. - Jerry Garcia
China Cat
Billy
Billy

Postby strumminsix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:54 am

paulinnc wrote:That was a smart idea. Now all we need is to have gear for all the other guys too.

I'm guessing it queries eBay by specific words.
And maybe there is no Phil gear up for sale?

Ed - what are the words you are using by player?
Maybe we can help maintain it via this thread?!
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:50 am

strumminsix wrote:
paulinnc wrote:That was a smart idea. Now all we need is to have gear for all the other guys too.

I'm guessing it queries eBay by specific words.
And maybe there is no Phil gear up for sale?

Ed - what are the words you are using by player?
Maybe we can help maintain it via this thread?!

Looks like you've just begun the list of search queries as there are no amps, no guitars, no speakers... Good start with the FX though, and a great idea to build on.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby phpbb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:37 pm

each little window is it's own custom search term with ebay's tools. I really just started with the easiest stuff that was CURRENTLY for sale on ebay and would work on the rest. I can loosen the search terms, but I started by trying to get the exact gear. For instance, I can have a search term for "Ibanex AD-202", and nothing will return, or I can search on "Ibanez" and get 1600 results.

Strummin is correct as certain things are currently not for sale on ebay (like lots of bobby's gear and McIntosh Amps), so I didn't add them right away. I am having somewhat of an issue getting Phil's stuff as it seems pretty custom. I haven't even started with the drummers or keyboards (brent's rack looks pretty huge)

I have to be honest, I am no genius when it comes to each dude's gear, and have been search the obvious sites trying to get some clues.

In the end, I hope to have as much of a collection as I possibly can, as Tigerstrat was alluding to, even if the search returns no results.

I just wanted to get an idea if you guys thought it was useful, since it seems like you do, I will put more effort into it all.

Also, if you find other places that may have gear for sale, or if you can help me with an equipment list (and tell me where I am wrong), it will obviously make it easier for me!

as always, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
phpbb

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:40 pm

phpbb wrote:if you find other places that may have gear for sale,

http://www.gbase.com
phpbb wrote:or if you can help me with an equipment list (and tell me where I am wrong), it will obviously make it easier for me!

a fairly large task, especially considering "spinoff" stuff... plus would you include related stuff like AB763-type amps other than the Twin Reverb and the Dual Showman ...or Alembic production basses, etc.

How about we start an add-to list for each GD member... can you post what you have so far?
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion