Guitar screwing

Chat about Equipment Info

Guitar screwing

Postby astroman99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:36 am

I have had my eye out for a yamaha double cutaway from the seventies and eighties, and lo and behold someone offered one up for sale locally from '89, this one had coil tap switches, looked sweet contacted them, took them a day to get back to me, turned out to be a basss player , I rehersed with in a blues band a 1/2 dozen times,..he implied he had some out of town buyers but would give me a chance to check it out, I have all kind of problems in my life, new timing belt and waterpump in my car yesterday, flea infestation at my baby mama's house, water probs at home, so didn't call yesterday, had talked about checking it out Friday on weds,,
and come to work this morning with an e-mail saying its sold...
thanks for letting me rant!!! :? :? :x
thanks for nothing...
astroman99

Postby wisedyes » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:25 am

Was it a Yamaha Image? I have one of those, very sweet guitar. How much was the guy asking for it, if you don't mind my asking?
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Emoto » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:27 am

He who hesitates is lost.
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby astroman99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:32 am

Yes an Image deluxe, $495, What do you think of the axe?
astroman99

Postby wisedyes » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 am

Mine is an Image Standard; I love it! Had it for about 17 years now. In all honesty, it is probably the most consistent guitar I have ever owned - always in tune, always easy to intonate and stays that way for a long time, never had a problem with the neck warping or anything, etc. Just a really, really well made guitar.

Plus, the string through body gives it a great acoustic -like zing when you play clean, the coil splitters give you a wide range of tonal possibilities, and you can get a pretty good jazz tone out of it by rolling the treble off the neck pickup as well.

About the only thing I'm beginning to dislike about it these days is that it does have a very thin neck, and as I get older, I prefer something with a bit more beef to it.
Out of the loop? I didn't know there was a loop!
wisedyes
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Emoto » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:50 am

Yamaha makes nice instruments. The tuning fork logo isn't just marketing.

I don't want to go all cosmic, but when the time is right, things will come together and you will find the guitar you need - as long as you're open to the possibilities.
Emoto

Postby astroman99 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:42 am

Yeah emoto, I know what you mean, I e-mailed him back saying I was still interested, Kinda of a burn though, since I know him, and he said he didn't want to ship, he didn say look at it today or forget about it! :twisted: :evil:
astroman99

Postby Emoto » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:46 am

astroman99 wrote:Yeah emoto, I know what you mean, I e-mailed him back saying I was still interested, Kinda of a burn though, since I know him, and he said he didn't want to ship, he didn say look at it today or forget about it! :twisted: :evil:

It is kind of a drag, but maybe there were some flaws that he didn't want to sell to someone he knew. Just trying to look at the bright side.
Emoto

Postby CountryMile Cadillac » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:57 am

Sounds like it was not meant to be.
"Think I'll come back here again,
Every now and then from time to time"
CountryMile Cadillac
Jerry
Jerry

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion